• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jackson/Moose WY - Dornans (hiking, etc.)

Suzski

Putting on skis
Skier
Thank heaven for business trips that take me west! In mid-October I'll be in Park City for a week (meetings), and then my BFF and I will head up to the Jackson area and will stay (hopefully) at Dornan's. https://www.dornans.com/ BFF is from Idaho and has hiked the area many times in the summer, but I've only been there to ski.

Any recommendations for fall season activities? I think we'll be there for 4 days or so. My friend is training for a 21 day trekking trip in New Zealand in February, so we will undoubtedly do some hiking. Any favorite trails in the area that you'd recommend? Given the time of year, we'll likely be sticking to the lowlands. Is the lake still kayak-able at that time of year (generally)? There is a MTB rental place on property - any experience with beginning MTB in the area?

I'm sure there's plenty of tourist info out there, but I'd love to hear from any folks who've actually been there and done fun stuff. :smile:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@TPJ are you around? This is where I wish some of the other people like Bob Peters and SkiinginJackson would come over.

TPJ

Like PBJ, but not as ubiquitous!
Instructor
There should be good fly fishing on the Snake. The mountain biking will also be good, There are trails you can hit right out of Dornans if you don't have a car with a bike rack, I rarely recreate in the Park, There are a ton of good hikes in the park near Dornans. Look into the Bradley Taggart Lake trails for easy valley stuff,