• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
There may have been some here that knew him.

dailyinterlake.com: Obituaries, Jack Marcial, 74.
http://www.dailyinterlake.com/obituaries/20181024/jack_marcial_74

"Due to his connection to the telemark ski movement, Jack was in many ski magazines, Sports Illustrated, a Warren Miller movie, television clips, as well as referenced in the New England Ski Museum. Sports Illustrated coined Jack as “the originator of the ski-to-die technique” for his fearless backcountry skiing (April 1982)."

CB75-80

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
There may have been some here that knew him.

dailyinterlake.com: Obituaries, Jack Marcial, 74.
http://www.dailyinterlake.com/obituaries/20181024/jack_marcial_74

"Due to his connection to the telemark ski movement, Jack was in many ski magazines, Sports Illustrated, a Warren Miller movie, television clips, as well as referenced in the New England Ski Museum. Sports Illustrated coined Jack as “the originator of the ski-to-die technique” for his fearless backcountry skiing (April 1982)."

Wow, came upon this now almost one year later. Jack Marcial took myself and some other wide-eyed Western State students back into the remote hinderlands of Crested Butte back in 78-80. We trekked past the the North Face (which was hike to then terrian..) over to the far east side of Third Bowl. And we slayed it back in the day with Jack, a very special time, place and guy to be out there with. We carved new frontiers at CB, Jack naming Grant's rock after my traverse, approach and launch. Priceless times with Jack. Would not have been back there without his supervision. Can't appreciate the experience with Jack enough.

The Butte in those days was the center of the of universe for the tele-gods, and as an Alpine guy with a freestyle lean, I ate the walks and climbs to shred beside them. Priceless. We were all family. Jack's vision to hit Whitefish in 87 was awesome, good for him, the vibe, town and family. I will be in Whitefish late February 2020 to make turns in his memory and hopefully toast to the life of Jack Marcial with those who ripped it with him more recently.

God Bless Jack Marcial.............

TS
Sibhusky

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Maybe you should look up his son, Billy. He is probably Google-able. And can probably put you in contact with Jack's friends in your age bracket who would want to reminisce.

Sponsor

Staff online