• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm looking for a few great skiers living in Burlington, VT with amazing sales and customer service skills to help me take care of my customers. If this is you, please carefully read the job requirements below and consider sending me your resume!

This is a great opportunity to start a career in the ski industry working with the best in the business.

WARNING: There is no actual skiing involved with this job. You will be sitting at a desk, staring at a screen, typing to random people you do not know about skis and skiing 100% of the time. IF this sounds like fun, please continue reading...

Responsibilities and Duties
  • Develop a comprehensive understanding of our product’s design, construction and intended use.
  • Provide accurate information as to why a specific product is best for each customer’s specific needs.
  • Assist customers through all parts of the purchase and post-purchase process.
  • Communicate one-on-one with each customer using: Email / Live Chat / Phone.
  • Develop a complete understanding of our online e-commerce system and use it efficiently.
  • Utilize the tools provided to ensure customer satisfaction and sell our stuff
Qualifications and Skills
  • You must be a skier!
  • You must be goal oriented, this is not a push button role… we need very convincing sales people!
  • General knowledge of ski design and other various kinds of skis on the market today.
  • Prior sales experience (actual ski shop sales experience preferred).
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills
  • Amazing patience and comprehension when talking with people.
  • Able to type quickly and efficiently with minimal mistakes.
  • Proficient use of online programs and systems… we don’t care if you’re huge on Instagram!
Details
  • Seasonal Employment: August - March.
  • Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with others including nights, weekends, holidays.
  • Must live in the Burlington, VT area during this season.
  • Full Time or Part Time Employment available 30-40 hours per week.
  • Compensation $14 per hour.
  • 50% off all J & 4FRNT products and Prodeal discounts from other brands in the ski industry.

To apply please email me back your resume and reasons why you are the best person for this job. Deadline for application is July 6th, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.

Thanks for considering and passing on to any friends that may be interested!

f30e4d40-2c85-45d1-bb45-4375e2a676f5.jpeg

Jason Levinthal
Owner & Founder
Ph: (802) 585-1098

@J-Lev

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Cool, try living in Burlington on $14hr

"These employees make it break..." haha haha. You can tell exactly what an employer thinks about these employees by how close to McDonald's they pay. You get $12 around here to flip burgers. With ZERO experience or technical know-how.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Cool, try living in Burlington on $14hr

"These employees make it break..." haha haha. You can tell exactly what an employer thinks about these employees by how close to McDonald's they pay. You get $12 around here to flip burgers. With ZERO experience or technical know-how.
You know I didn't want to be that guy so thanks Mike for being that guy! :D I was thinking, I made$14 an hour 35 years ago being a ski tech . Wow.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^^ to all the above.
I was just trying to be polite by thinking throw the guy bone with the ski / ticket bonus package.

@Philpug makes reference to the work from home in Vermont and get 10k moving bonus.
My .02
If I were talking to my rep about skis I’d want to FaceTime / phone while he’s on the hill, if im I’m not skiing with him ! It’s a slippery slope, working from home on a mobile device....

We have a very successful winter 1/4 taking phone calls, composing emails and texts from the chairlift, it works.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online