• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It's not all first tracks and gravy.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Perhaps a thread starter....

Today was all too typical of the down side of patrol.
The day started out fine with blue sky, warm air and a fresh dusting of puff powder.
But ...
The first runs confirmed...
That snow was as sticky as it gets. Can you do the herky-jerky anyone?
We still needed to assess every trail that will open to the public! Extreme suckage! ;-)
Then, as the day ended and we were sent out to close and sweep trails "progressively" , a rain started.
We all got soaked. But then wouldn't you know. the rain ended and the fog rolled in for final front side sweep.
All those nice soft bumps,...... and you could hardly see one mogul ahead, much less find a line.
It's a good thing the mountain was clear of guests, we must have looked a bit ragged. ;-)

Some days are good, Some a bit less so..

Why am I still smiling?

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Perhaps a thread starter....

Today was all too typical of the down side of patrol.
The day started out fine with blue sky, warm air and a fresh dusting of puff powder.
But ...
The first runs confirmed...
That snow was as sticky as it gets. Can you do the herky-jerky anyone?
We still needed to assess every trail that will open to the public! Extreme suckage! ;-)
Then, as the day ended and we were sent out to close and sweep trails "progressively" , a rain started.
We all got soaked. But then wouldn't you know. the rain ended and the fog rolled in for final front side sweep.
All those nice soft bumps,...... and you could hardly see one mogul ahead, much less find a line.
It's a good thing the mountain was clear of guests, we must have looked a bit ragged. ;-)

Some days are good, Some a bit less so..

Why am I still smiling?
I know why you're smiling. "A crappy day patrolling is still better than a day off the mountain".