• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It's here! ScotsSkier's Annual Race Closet Clearance Sale, Part 1: Race Skis, Boots, Bindings

Paback

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
165 redsters still available? $250 with 16 din??

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've had a chance to enjoy the Volkl FIS W 188/30 skis you sold me;
even used them this weekend, here in Colorado, at Copper Mt.

img_3123-jpg.14384

Volkl FIS W 188/30 WC GS. 2014 Beautiful condition, only 5 days on this ski. Marker Piston plate with Marker Comp 16s or Comp 20s (your choice). This is probably the best all round of all the 188/30 W GS skis. Awesome flex and progressive turn-in makes it work well on both hard and soft conditions. $325

(You gave them a super tune; thanks for that too.)

I'd never have looked at these w/o your great reviews of 188/30s opening up the possibility: would have thought them too much for me.

Naw, they are great. As precise yet almost as easy as the old FIS W 183/23 Racetigers I've been skiing.

The 188/30 is seemingly a "sweet spot" length/radius, just as you suggested. These are almost as easy to turn yet more stable than the 183/23s, using them only for recreation, not gates. What fun! What a great carve!

I find them restful. The ski does the work, once you make a small bit of extra effort.

Many thanks!
They are just as you described, even for an old guy only 5'10"/~150 lbs.

Last edited:
TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Ski Otter! Delighted to hear they are working so well for you. Just a super ski!

Sponsor

Staff online