• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It's a bird...it's a snake...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's both!

I was out for a ride yesterday and as I was chugging along, this hawk flew over me with a snake in it's talons. I don't think the snake was just hitching a ride, it did't look too happy or there by choice.

IMG_1952.jpeg

IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1953.jpeg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice shot Phil!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Talk about the right place at the right time. Good Job

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Me after too many nachos and beer.
I love how the siblings were trying to steal the snake.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
A fitting flag anecdote for the Don't Tread On Me TEA Partyers. Is your bike perchance a TREK @Philpug ? :ogbiggrin:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Had a buzzard kill a pigeon right outside my kitchen window once. Well I say kill. It severely maimed it but then couldn't carry it off anywhere leaving me to finish it with a shovel.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Had a buzzard kill a pigeon right outside my kitchen window once. Well I say kill. It severely maimed it but then couldn't carry it off anywhere leaving me to finish it with a shovel.
Last spring I saw a red tail hawk dive down in to the bushes across the street. I heard a lot of squawking and rukus then the hawk few away with a mother robin in hot pursuit. The hawk had her nest, probably full of babies. The chase carried on up to a high pine tree down the block where I lost sight of the battle.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We had a songbird smack our window (despite having stickers on it) and it was breathing hard, recovering on the outdoor dining table. I was watching to make sure it was able to fly away when a hawk blew in and snatched it and flew off. Rethinking the bird seed!

Reactions: Ron

Sponsor

Staff online