• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It ain't gonna drink itself!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
View attachment 27767

Not sure if you can get this down in the US, but this parlour gin is some of the best gin I've had in a while. Made in Turner Valley, AB, it's unlike any gin you've had before...Hendricks is now my 2nd favourite gin :)

I love Hendricks and I will now have to hunt this down.

I have some beefeater in the cabinet and am not sure what to do with it since I don't drink tonic water any more. I'm pretty sure this isn't quality enough or even close lol to put on the rocks. Anyone have any good mixer recipes that don't involve high calorie mixers ie tonic water.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have some beefeater in the cabinet and am not sure what to do with it since I don't drink tonic water any more. I'm pretty sure this isn't quality enough or even close lol to put on the rocks. Anyone have any good mixer recipes that don't involve high calorie mixers ie tonic water.

Um, martini? You know, vermouth and a twist or an olive? I suppose you could make it a dirty martini if the gin is sort of...not so good.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Um, martini? You know, vermouth and a twist or an olive? I suppose you could make it a dirty martini if the gin is sort of...not so good.

Just not a fan of vermouth. Thanks for the suggestions. I suppose I could give it to someone. The gin is a perfect mixer for a G & T but it's no hendricks so not going it on ice. Guess I'll try it in some OJ or Limeaid just to get rid of it. I suppose I could give it to someone.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Perhaps I'll try regular lemonade or even limeade.

Not sure if lemonades are much different sugar/calorie-wise than tonic water. I'd be interested to see the stats.

I've done lime seltzer with gin before...you could add a hint of simple syrup and basically make your own tonic, but you control how much sugar goes into it.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Not sure if lemonades are much different sugar/calorie-wise than tonic water. I'd be interested to see the stats.

I've done lime seltzer with gin before...you could add a hint of simple syrup and basically make your own tonic, but you control how much sugar goes into it.

Yeah lemonade has lots of sugar too. I'm sure it's close or even worse. I'll try lime seltzer and some ice and see how it goes. Thanks.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Saw this little video and it made me think about this thread. Time for a bump

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
At a golf tournament this weekend I had a drink I had never had. A Pickle Back. This version was a shot of Jamison chased by a shot of pickle juice!! Never heard of such a thing but was actually pretty good.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked this up yesterday and it’s surprisingly tasty. In fact, if someone had poured it in a glass and served it to me I wouldn’t have guessed cider.

A2419CFD-25E9-4330-B34B-AB373EF940D6.png

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love IPAs... Love, love, love

:beercheer:

So do i and so does my wife! Introduced her to them while we were dating. Fact that she liked IPAs was definitely a mark in the plus column when adding up what we had in common.

I'm partial to IPAs for years ... seeking em out when hard to find. Still love em but I've noted in many stores that 3/4 of the standard beers are some form of an IPA. Harder to find other varieties if not a high end craft at premium price.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was organizing my liquor cubbyhole and almost threw out a half-used bottle of Sambuca. I usually toss whatever is unpalatable, be it food or drink, but I couldn't do it. I don't like anise much, bad memories from overindulging many many years ago. I guess it'll continue to gather dust.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tried some Beefeater gin with soda water on the rocks with lime and it was more than palatable. Problem solved, thanks all.
Oh, girl. Lets get you some real gin. Hendricks, Beehive or even Sapphire...but god no, Beefeaters.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Oh, girl. Lets get you some real gin. Hendricks, Beehive or even Sapphire...but god no, Beefeaters.

Hendricks is by far my favorite. Not sure why I tried beefeater that night, I don't normally stock that at home. When I used to work in the city and metro north had the booze carts before getting on the train I'd often get a gin & tonic with beefeater because the choices were very thin. I'm not a sapphire fan. We had such a great time over in York, England which is apparently Gin central with many bars having a gin bar with lots of choices. The main gist of my post was that gin and soda water works fine, don't need no stinkin tonic.