• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

It ain't gonna drink itself!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it's still mostly about wine, just not for me. I like bitter. Russian River is opening a new brewpub in Windsor, and you probably know about Lagunitas. And there are several smaller breweries ( Henhouse, Cooperage, Twisted Goat to name a few.You could do a nice pub crawl...
Wine country in California is more about generalized "alcohol tourism" these days. My wife and I usually do a week a year out there combining wine country and visiting our son (who lives in Berkeley). Since he is very into beer, we alternated wine and beer tasting. The beer scene is a lot of fun. An advantage is that while the wineries keep farmer's hours (close at 5 or even 4 pm????) the beer tasting rooms keep drinker's hours.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't know cucumber Hendricks existed. I love Hendricks.... Hmmmmm. Happy thirsty Thursday.

:beercheer:
Hendricks is a cucumber infused gin.
Gin is VERY good. I freakin love gin. Need to find out if it's low in carbs as I'm new to this.
The carb content in the Gin and Tonic is primarily from the tonic, but this image is a fairly decent idea of carbs in drinks.
*The Margarita in the image is a true margarita - Tequila, orange liquor or Citronge and a squeeze of lime.
Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 5.58.31 PM.png

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Hendricks is a cucumber infused gin.

The carb content in the Gin and Tonic is primarily from the tonic, but this image is a fairly decent idea of carbs in drinks.
*The Margarita in the image is a true margarita - Tequila, orange liquor or Citronge and a squeeze of lime.
View attachment 25306

Now i know why i love Hendricks. I just like the taste, now i really know why. I try to use diet tonic whenever possible.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Gin is VERY good. I freakin love gin. Need to find out if it's low in carbs as I'm new to this.

Beer contains no simple carbs (sugars) - that's what the yeasties eat. Glycemic index = 0.

Best way to deal with the carb issue is to deal with sugar and anything that converts immediately to sugar, like all refined grains.

Everything else in moderation, beer in upper social acceptable limits of moderation, choose your social circle wisely. :beercheer:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Beer contains no simple carbs (sugars) - that's what the yeasties eat. Glycemic index = 0.

Best way to deal with the carb issue is to deal with sugar and anything that converts immediately to sugar, like all refined grains.

Everything else in moderation, beer in upper social acceptable limits of moderation, choose your social circle wisely. :beercheer:

I'm cutting way back on refined grains. I have a deep and meaningful relationship with beer so your news is good news. :beercheer:

Reactions: nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I should mention that not all beer is sugar free - a milk stout for example has added lactose, and fruit beers would have fructose. Regular consumption could definitely add up.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20170722_120318_HDR_resized.jpg
I don't know if you guys can get this in America, but if you can, its delicious. We have been indulging this week at a regatta. Very hot and sunny weather calls out for a G & T at the end of the day.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20170729_201140_HDR_resized.jpg
heres another Canadian gin, with botanicals from the north, made in Quebec. Damn I love gin in the summer!!

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
photo-281.jpg

Not sure if you can get this down in the US, but this parlour gin is some of the best gin I've had in a while. Made in Turner Valley, AB, it's unlike any gin you've had before...Hendricks is now my 2nd favourite gin :)

Sponsor

Staff online