• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Don't you have a video of you modelling your collection? This seems like the time and place for a fashion show.
Just search "Vintage One Piece Ski Suit Fashion Show" I have four of them.
Then I have this short
Poppin' Thrift Store Tags Vintage One Piece Ski Suits

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I think an updated one-piece could succeed, one that isn’t baggy, yet not as snug as a speed suit. Something like an Ironman suit that makes anyone look good (and fit) :)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think an updated one-piece could succeed, one that isn’t baggy, yet not as snug as a speed suit. Something like an Ironman suit that makes anyone look good (and fit) :)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Why not go full Evil Kneivel?
DSC_0973-1000x1000.jpg

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Here's something interesting meant for competitive ski mountaineering. Not leather though.
https://www.sportiva.com/media/cata..._999100_stratosracingsuit_blackyellow_3_2.jpg
a24_999100_stratosracingsuit_blackyellow_3_2.jpg
STRATOS RACING SUIT
A tech-driven one-piece designed for competitive ski mountaineering. Design features anticipate the needs of the skimo racer: two exterior chest pockets for quick fueling, one zippered pocket for valuables or avalanche transceiver, and two inner front pockets make stowing skins at transitions efficient. Combined with the next-to-skin fit, flat lock seams and zipper, and boot straps integrated into the hem, this suit defines streamlined design.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The brief was to channel Iron Man so that middle aged fat gits could look something other than pear shaped - and the armour suits do that, both in snowmobile and motorcycle instances.

EK didn't need any of that.
"middle-aged fat gits" in white onesies risk looking like old Elvis

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
@crgildart is going to need some of these for the rain this weekend:

maybe even

(and, in case you're thinking waterproof MTB suits are totally a German thing, Backcountry.com carries the endura MT500)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
@crgildart is going to need some of these for the rain this weekend:

maybe even

(and, in case you're thinking waterproof MTB suits are totally a German thing, Backcountry.com carries the endura MT500)

Pfft.
1579282727053.jpeg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
You're not a Southeast Skier unless you carry these in your pack:ogbiggrin:

Or you could go ski Whistler where they sell garbage bags with their logo, and the arm and neck holes are already cut. Of course one of the reasons that I don't ski there is because at Whistler they are way too prepared for rain.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yep, I don't care how much your jacket and pants cost.. If you're skiing in a driving rain, and sitting in water every ride up, it's going to soak through after awhile. How long that while is depends, but eventually you're doomed without a trash bag.
You can ski in sailing gear, but skiing cuts up the leg cuffs and carrying around skis cuts up the shoulders and arms. So, after a couple days skiing in it, it's no longer sea worthy or ski worthy.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I've got a cheap rain poncho that I got on sale at Kmart for a buck probably 20 years ago (still had the sale tag on it). Broke it out last year and it fits in a itty bitty stuff sack that I clip on my vest. When you put it on it covers the seat on the lift and the front hangs down to your boots. Flaps like crazy when you ski in it but most of the time I'm the driest person on the mountain. It reminds me of the ponchos you get at Panthers games.

Sponsor