• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
HH has been making one for the last few years.. You see people around SquAlpine with them on the really deep days. I got to say they look super comfy, and with the hood up completely protected from the elements
C0157C10-F5E3-4946-A771-2E5C8DDA1889.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^I wonder hos much $$s per unit they saved by not including a belt and/or belt loops? Every new product "enhancement" seems to be also cost cutting.. Like, I bet that the new fully exposed high performance waterproof zippers are still lower cost per unit than all the labor and stitching it would take to have a rain flap over the zipper on the outside of the jacket. I had one zipper get wrecked when my ski edge cut the threads holding the zipper teeth together.. Happened when I brushed my skis against the front of the jacket picking them up to carry them. Never happened with a covered zipper.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
who wants a belt with a one piece? The last thing I need is something cinching around my waist.

the zipper is also waterproof, pointless to have a rain flap.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
to be fair I have general boycott of HH. the strafe suit is the one I would buy. I have tried it on I am certain a belt would make it functionally more restrictive, considering that it already has inner suspenders that you can adjust so the entire weight isnt on your shoulders. Modern technical one piece also tend to have dropped seats and meant to be worn baggy, for unrestricted movements. Compared to people's old pieces they are actually waterproof, breatable, and dont look like ass. It just ashame they are roughly 1k for a nice one, and that is too spendy for me.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I see them here in the States on occasions also. Mostly Tipsy elves, Norrona & Bogner.
Been through quite a few in the 80's & early 90's. Have no requirement to revisit them again with the current bumper crop of ski wear.
Just thought they should afford us old timers the dignity of senility before bring them back.

DanishRider

Getting off the lift
Skier
I see them here in the States on occasions also. Mostly Tipsy elves, Norrona & Bogner.
Been through quite a few in the 80's & early 90's. Have no requirement to revisit them again with the current bumper crop of ski wear.
Just thought they should afford us old timers the dignity of senility before bring them back.
... and Bogner ?!?!?! OMG:)

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My pal got the latest Norrona Lofoten fart-bag last season. I gotta admit it is pretty cool.
The top chest zipper goes fully from your left elbow to your right elbow.
The middle chest zipper is a vent.
The bottom chest zipper is a pouch/pocket
I liked the colour options on previous years as you could go 2-tone, or patched, or multi-coloured zippers.
I am a fan of the Norrona brand and have their Lofoten bib, insulated jacket, and 800 down mid-layer jacket.

1aa.jpg

1a.jpg

1d.jpg
1c.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Really ? Ski it here, at you would be perceived to:
A: have bad taste
B: Be Russian

i don’t judge, so don’t shoot the messenger :)

No worries, mate.
Hell, the entire German ski team is on that stuff. Someone go and tell them they are really Russian. :ogbiggrin:
Over here, the tech shell guys sneers at the insulated jacket crowd. People will always judge. One way or another.

Me, I could care less what others wear. Not the judgmental type. I do care how they ski if I am to ski with them.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
who wants a belt with a one piece? The last thing I need is something cinching around my waist.
A one piece needs something to cinch the waist. If the rise and inseam length isn't absolutely perfect and the length from the top of your shoulders to the crotch isn't perfect you're going to have a saggy crotch without a belt.

the zipper is also waterproof, pointless to have a rain flap.
The flap was also to protect the zipper from damage. I've had one wrecked already since they went away.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
They sag the crotched on the new ones on purpose

Sponsor