• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is there such a thing as a heated trunk?

James

Out There
Instructor
I mean, having the disinfectant and getting someone to actually use the disinfectant.. That's like shoving spaghetti up a wild cat's ass..
True except at the bowling shoe rental.

One of the great title opening sequences.
Spraying disinfectant at 1:40:

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Just do this in the trunk.

vol1.jpg
vol2.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
^ There have been instances of people cooking with open flames in the aisle of a flying airliner. Not kidding.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
My VW has an outlet back there.

But because my Audi had a fuse blow due to some boot heater sticks and that's not real convenient when you want to go skiing, I use a battery jumper box (JnC) with boot sticks that I have in the boots in my boot bag in the back seat. Shove my mittens over them so that when I unplug at the parking lot and start hoofing it to the lodge that all the warmth is held in. Usually the sticks and the boots are still nice and toasty as I stick my feet in.

I might have to recharge the jumper box once or twice a season.

You don't need to heat a whole trunk, just the boots.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bet it makes a loud raclette.

No doubt. Also, I like to ski in a baklava.

Buy any car with a plug in the back - get an inverter & run a heater in the trunk.

Perfect. I bought a great sine wave inverter for our Sprinter, for less than $100. Took an hour to wire it up, and four more minutes to mount it to the seat base.

My heated booted bag is a $15 bag from Amazon and a couple of "rice socks" my wife made. Two minutes in the microwave for them, slide them into the boots, and everything is happy.

Chevy SS for your replacement car, I presume? Stick shift version, of course.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Insulate the truck area with automotive grade carpeting, lots out there. would aid in heat retention if heating the area in general and presuming everything is coming from inside ... already warmed

e.g., https://www.factoryinteriors.com/catalog/auto-carpet/

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
The rear seats of an Audi A4 fold to expose the trunk space. It also has a ski bag.

Throw those stinky boot liners in the wash machine! Freshen 'em up! Be kind to yourself and others.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That is way too complicated.
Just cut the tail pipe short and terminate it in the trunk. Will warm up the truck in no time. Throw in couple slabs of brisket or ribs and it can double as a smoker.

TS
L

Lebowski

Putting on skis
Skier
Sorry for not following up here, thanks again, all, for the feedback! (Was skiing the past 3 days:) Tons of great advice and much appreciated. Lining the trunk; warmed boot bag; and I REALLY like the idea of a smoker back there -- makes me wonder, if one isn't enjoying their own cooked-on-the-fly pulled pork breakfast sammie on the ride up, is one even a serious skier?

Ha, a Chevy SS would be sweet and is of course the enthusiast choice, but I don't think i'm cool or hardcore enough to rock a RWD as my winter ski car. AWD would defo come in handy for the Vancouver-Whistler highway run, and I frankly wouldn't mind (sorry in advance...) a good automatic, e.g. the ZF-8 or similar. Looking more for a surefooted highway/foul weather cruiser than a canyon carver.

Frontrunners may be something like a used Charger AWD, Lexus GS350 awd, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 or, if I were feeling a little less fiscally prudent, a nice used A6 with that supercharged 3.0.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Get a hatchback that looks like a sedan - Audi a5/a7 Sportback, Kia stinger, Buick Regal, VW Arteon.

Sponsor

Staff online