• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is there a women's fit boot that doesn't push a woman forward?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
my fitters for the past 4 years have said noo, no, women need a women's boot
I don't know any really good fitter who says women need a women's boot.

Like Phil said, above, Tecnica's W2W program put the women's boot in a more upright stance and added a few mm of hight to the boot to give it more support.
The women's pro model could be a good fit for your desired flex, but I still think you should look for the right boot for you, not just the right women's boot.

I have two pair of boots in my quiver, the Tecnica Mach 1 105 LV and the Lange RS 110. I spent most of my winter in the Lange due to the balance of the boot for my LLD.
https://www.pugski.com/threads/long-term-review-lange-rs-110-sc-dual-core.7428/

To your point about downsizing:
I measure just over 24.5 and I wear a 23.5. I've never lost a toenail.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
What shell size are we in? The shorter the shell, the more ramp in the boot board.

Question:
I'm a little confused, I thought this was dependent on whether they report the delta as an angle or a fixed height and that if an angle was reported the longer the boot board the taller the height at the end. But if they reported a fixed height then a shorter boot would have a higher ramp angle. (Never thought trigonometry would be useful).

Are the companies reporting the angles at one bsl length only? (and if so why don't they say so!)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I went back and reread your OP. There is a ton of misinformation in what you've read and heard. This is one example.

What I read is women's boots are shorter cause our legs are shorter,

Some(emphasis on some) women's boots have a shorter cuff height because *some women have bigger calves. It has nothing to do with women having shorter legs.

It all has to do with finding the right boot for the person on the bench. Man, woman, adult, kid short legs, long legs, athletic calf, skinny calf, high volume foot, low volume foot...
The Tecnica in this picture is woman specific and its got a taller cuff height than the Lange RS 110 which is unisex.

Lange Tecnica 3.jpg

Andy Sainsbury

Booting up
Skier
I would suggest trying on the Atomic Hawx Ultra 110 W. This boot women specific, stiff, and customers
say that the boot is narrower( tighter fit ) than either the Lange RX or the Technica. My store carries all
3 brands and models that have been spoken about. I brought my wife to my bootfitter and she ended up
in the Hawx ultra because of its superior heal hold on her narrow foot. And it's lighter than the others!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I would suggest trying on the Atomic Hawx Ultra 110 W.

I know Lady Salina pretty well, The Hawk Ultra won't last more than couple of weeks with her.
Mamie is much lighter skier and nowhere as strong and she wore out a pair of Hawx Ultra 110 in less than 120 days.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Question:
I'm a little confused, I thought this was dependent on whether they report the delta as an angle or a fixed height and that if an angle was reported the longer the boot board the taller the height at the end. But if they reported a fixed height then a shorter boot would have a higher ramp angle. (Never thought trigonometry would be useful).

Are the companies reporting the angles at one bsl length only? (and if so why don't they say so!)
Such as a 100mm shell is based upon (usually) a 26.5 and the width is scaled up and down from there. The Point of reference of the ramp is based of an certain size, probably again 26.5. and that ramp can up up and down from there.

Sponsor

Staff online