• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is the Enforcer the Bonafide of 2015/16?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have owned every year Bonafide. The first year preproduction 85mm ones were my favorite..I guys you always remember your first but the 16's are my second favorites. There was a difference in feel when they went to the matte graphic 15's and the addition of the carbon does bring some nimbleness back to the ski. I know Blizzard says the ski didn't change in the ski from model year to model year but there were different feels with each ski.

Downtown

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm still going to demo the Enforcer this week...just want to check it out before taking the plunge on the Bonafide.

I'm 6'0, 170lbs - thinking the 177 would be my choice. I ski the Bonafide in the 180.

The Patron in 185, as a dedicated Pow. Sound right, or should I go 185 in the Enforcer as well?

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm still going to demo the Enforcer this week...just want to check it out before taking the plunge on the Bonafide.

I'm 6'0, 170lbs - thinking the 177 would be my choice. I ski the Bonafide in the 180.

The Patron in 185, as a dedicated Pow. Sound right, or should I go 185 in the Enforcer as well?
Sounds like @Ron's size...go with the 185, the 177 will be too short.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Demo, the 185 is perfect. I would not want it any shorter. If you ski th bone at 180 (longer effective length on snow) and the patron ( much shorter effective length than the enforcer in 185) than you wil be left with the 185 Enforcer

Last edited:

MWL

Booting up
Skier
Would 180 Bonafide be too short as an everyday ski for 200lb 6', level 8 or so 45 yr old assuming I have a powder ski to complement it for any days with more than a couple inches?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would 180 Bonafide be too short as an everyday ski for 200lb 6', level 8 or so 45 yr old assuming I have a powder ski to complement it for any days with more than a couple inches?
It would be on the short side but not too short especially since you have a soft snow ski to complement it.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Define level 8? All depends on whether you are on the East coast or West coast. In the west with your weight you can handle the 187, the Bonafude is unusually quick for a stiff wide ski. The 187 skis like a 182-184 ski. If I were in the East, I would be on the 180.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Phil influenced my decision years ago to buy the lst year Bonafide. Got the 180 and have over 300 days on this ski, core sh ots made me buy the new carbon bone last year and will try tommorrow for the lst time. Don't like ski's that are squirrly with a lot of pop since I don't race anymore and am not young either. The Bonafides were everything Phil said they were and more.

Something I can't really explain, these bones were the fastest skis I have ever ridden. Haven't really changed the way I prepare and wax skis but these skis would just GO when I let them run. Used and will use my bones on all but 6" plus powder. Predictable, fast, solid, fun, love in the trees or the groomers and a great dust on crust ski. When skiing "variable" conditions you really want a ski you can trust and my Blizzards are it for me.

Thanks Phil.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Something I can't really explain, these bones were the fastest skis I have ever ridden. Haven't really changed the way I prepare and wax skis but these skis would just GO when I let them run. Used and will use my bones on all but 6" plus powder. Predictable, fast, solid, fun, love in the trees or the groomers and a great dust on crust ski. When skiing "variable" conditions you really want a ski you can trust and my Blizzards are it for me.

Thanks Phil.

My experience exactly except my first Bones were 2013 model. I have a few days on my 2016s and will punish the hell out of them more. @Philpug has been a pillar for my ski purchases to say the least.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
My experience exactly except my first Bones were 2013 model. I have a few days on my 2016s and will punish the hell out of them more. @Philpug has been a pillar for my ski purchases to say the least.

Drahtguy, where are you in No. Colorado ? Coming thru in Late Jan and have never skied Steamboat or Winter Park hope to do so on way to Aspen etc. Will be on a 3-6 week roadtrip heading for the powder Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, NM, Ariz, California, Utah and Tahoe, Oregon.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Phil influenced my decision years ago to buy the lst year Bonafide. Got the 180 and have over 300 days on this ski, core sh ots made me buy the new carbon bone last year and will try tommorrow for the lst time. Don't like ski's that are squirrly with a lot of pop since I don't race anymore and am not young either. The Bonafides were everything Phil said they were and more.

Thanks Phil.

I am guessing you are going to hit up Lookout tomorrow on the new bones. Let me know how the snow is and how you like the new bones. I have a condo at Schweitzer - was up last weekend when it snowed - sounds like they are getting more this weekend. I am also looking at getting the new bones to replace my Prophet 98's - so always curious on feedback. Enjoy!