• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Powder mag arrived yesterday, the first true sign ski season is on the way. :D

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
giphy.gif

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
The leaves are turning in the Burlingame and Hillsdale neighborhoods in Portland! In August! Winter is definitely coming.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Yes, it's too early for winter talk!
Fall is one of the nicest seasons of the year and will need our full attention to be enjoyed :)
I will no doubt go from this week suffering the heat and humidity of my least favorite season (Summer) to
having a fire in the wood stove in the next 30 days...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You can bet that this inspires talk about winter weather.
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 4.39.26 PM.png

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^ :huh:I'm becoming increasingly nervous about West trip bookings and have a feeling the East and Europe are going to get the goods this winter:duck:(insert disgruntled emoji)

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I get teased at work a lot about my love for winter. Everyone thinks I want winter NOW. While I love winter and it's indeed my favorite season, I love Fall almost as much. I'm down with a good couple months of fall. There's so many great things that happen in fall, too many to list. Most of all I love the chill in the air and the leaves changing. Fall makes me happy too.

Sdavila

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Here in Colorado, I expect another "Flop" season. Unfortunately, they have been calling every year here an el niño year. Being a native, I cannot imagine having more snow than we have had in our past history. Hopefully I am wrong, but if it truly will be a great snowfall this year, I can only believe it when I see it. On a better note though, I have been wanting to purchase a recreational snow maker for my back yard shenanigans this year; maybe, I can aid our weather in producing snow, or at least in the downtown area! :crossfingers:

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
I get teased at work a lot about my love for winter. Everyone thinks I want winter NOW. While I love winter and it's indeed my favorite season, I love Fall almost as much. I'm down with a good couple months of fall. There's so many great things that happen in fall, too many to list. Most of all I love the chill in the air and the leaves changing. Fall makes me happy too.
Love the one you're with.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

I think my season preference order goes like this:

Winter
Fall
Spring
Summer

... I do like that I can get up early in the summer and mountain bike before work. I love Palisade peaches and growing my own tomatoes. I don't like how hard it is to sleep when it's light both early and late, and I don't like the blazing heat.

If it weren't for skiing, I'm not sure if winter would top the list, but it would be higher than summer.

Sponsor

Staff online