• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where do you plan on going next season?

• Colorado

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Utah

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Canada Whistler West Coast

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Canada Central Banff

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • East...Carolinas West Virginia

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • North East Vermont PA NY

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Europe

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • California

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roger

Booting up
Skier
I live in Florida...need I say more ;) but man oh man I know its only April 9th but I just know in a few months it will be August and I will be setting my plans for next winter. I didn't get to go this winter so I'm dying here (but I heard this season wasn't the best). I can't wait for next year already.

Where do most of you live? Most of you are lucky cause you can see and feel that the seasons are changing but not here. I plan on moving out west within a few years to at least be closer to the action.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It is never too early to start thinking about next season. I have my usual mountains where I have passes and/or work so that's where I'll be skiing. As far as more than that I need to see where my free weekends are when I don't have teaching obligations so I can make plans to hit other mountains. Also need to see where our ski club is going next season. Ski council days and trips out west and local won't be announced until the fall so I'll have more of an idea where we are going then.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I'm already scouting my accommodations for next year in Montana, the place we stayed in this year has been sold to a new owner.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
The irony runs deep here...slacking at work today...and was just texting a friend about Ikon vs. Epic pass for next year. Putting thoughts out to Mrs WallyK, much to her chagrin is tired of winter and talking/hearing about skiing, about taking the girls on two trips next year.....how come my parents never talked or took my brothers or I on ski trips????

Am looking at skis for next year, oldest is talking doing more racing so am looking at different race programs, just ordered her a new POC hemet on sale, have been scoping out new boots for my oldest and new BMX 105 for me.

Can't wait to hit the big mountains again!!!!!

TQA

Putting on skis
Skier
I am retired and live on a sailboat in the Eastern Caribbean. Endless summer with the water temp above 80f year round so diving overboard for a morning swim is a great way to start the day.

But the lure of the white stuff still grips me so I am planning on the usual 3 weeks in Salt Lake City skiing mostly Alta and Canyons. With the poor start to the season in Utah this year I waited and almost booked Colorado instead but my patience was rewarded and got good conditions in Utah in March

Every year in December I wonder why I am going through all the hassle on finding a boat sitter and cat sitter THEN facing the three flights it takes to get there with tight connections THEN worrying about catching the killer flu.

But every year as I ride up into the clear mountain air then click in for the first time and make that first turn I know why I keep doing it.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The irony runs deep here...slacking at work today...and was just texting a friend about Ikon vs. Epic pass for next year. Putting thoughts out last night to Mrs WallyK, who is tired of winter and all things skiing, about taking the girls on two trips next year.....how come my parents never talked or took my brothers or I on ski trips????

Oldest wants to do more racing so am looking at different race programs, just ordered her a new POC hemet on sale, have been scoping out new boots for my oldest and new BMX 105 for me.

Can't wait to hit the big mountains again!!!!!

No pressure, but don't forget the child's deal from Ikon expires later today. Well ok, some pressure.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmm, I currently live in Florida. But with any luck will be in an interim dwelling in Utah by Thanksgiving and oversee the building of our new house. I will likely ski 95% in Utah this coming season, with a few days at JH for good measure. With my work schedule, I am hoping to hit 75 days next season.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
It's like the inland NW doesn't exist. I can see leaving out Schweitzer and Whitefish and lumping them into Other. But Jackson and Big Sky?

You're in other - suck it up.

Portugal to Georgia is all one place so its not like it is precise.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pffft. Like gear, I am already looking forward to the '20-21 season. ;)

Seriously, with all of the talk of which pass to get next year, there is a lot of thoguht abotu where people will be skiing next year.

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
I intend to get an epic pass along with my normal snowbasin pass next year as they are offering a special. A full epic pass for $100 to military members and dependents. So I will get one of those, and see where I can road trip with my buds. Been wanting to try out Whistler. :)

zephyr17

Booting up
Skier
Always set up next years big trips early. One week at Whistler, BC in early February and one week at Sun Peaks, BC the week before Christmas booked. Will buy my Edge card for Whistler while the sale is still on before 4/15.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Other, the big expanse that of the US inter-mountain west that isn't UT, CO or CA. Weird that SC/NC and WV get a spot but not Eastern Canada or AK.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I live in Florida...need I say more ;) but man oh man I know its only April 9th but I just know in a few months it will be August and I will be setting my plans for next winter. I didn't get to go this winter so I'm dying here (but I heard this season wasn't the best). I can't wait for next year already.

Where do most of you live? Most of you are lucky cause you can see and feel that the seasons are changing but not here. I plan on moving out west within a few years to at least be closer to the action.

If you love skiing then you are in the wrong place. Move out ASAP. Make it happen.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You should definitely start planning especially if you are thinking of flyaway trip that might be once in a lifetime or once in a decade. [Warren Miller quote goes here]

If you have to wrangle friends or family, the sooner you can get commitments the better. If you can get them to buy a pass that is a huge commitment device.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you love snow-skiing then you are in the wrong place. Move out ASAP. Make it happen.
Be sure to translate to Floridian. Their term "skiing" refers to liquid water typically at >70°. Luckily this is a site for snow-ski discussions at a higher level where we discuss snow-skis and snow-skiing.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Flawed poll-should have more than 3 choices! ogsmile

We're already planning and comparing notes with local friends as to who is buying what pass (we're going Ikon base along with our local area pass). We want to run the numbers on flying/renting a car vs. driving as we did this year.

Sponsor