• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Is he back?

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know....I used to make my own custom surfboards and also have had bootfitting issues.

So I think it's legit.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
An expert in steeps and chutes, intermediate on ice? Really?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't think we need to get into the issues that are going on with a (possible) troll over on Epic. If he comes over here I will be more concerned.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I find that believable, although I haven't read the post. Put me on a (non-icy) steep any day before ice...
True BUT you'd still probably ski it better than an intermediate. Heck, I'M an intermediate, and I ski ice like it :D

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Having just made a huge mistake and checked out that thread on Epic, it does seem very troll-y to me.

There's a whole lot of manic pseudo-expert talk, with a lot of implausibles. I especially love the part about being an expert skier, who spent the last 5 years skiing tele using vintage leather boots, and current alpine set up includes old rental boots with a three finger shell fit. And he's disappointed that booster straps haven't solve some fit and performance issues.

It's rather brilliant, actually.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
the troll is too obvious to be good.

it might work on epic because everyone assumes the best out of everyone.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
VitaminSki/Plug Boot whatever wasn't the "troll the boot guys" kind if poster/poser. They posted in high traffic thread areas and most conversations seemed pretty legit for several pages until they got all butt hurt about something and started acting like an idiot.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Had I been a mod at that other place, instead of banning them I would have changed their user name to BiPolar Disorder. BTW, I realize that isn't a good humor topic for food reason. Tough thing to go through life with... but man that kid would throw a wild 180 our of nowhere and hit full freakout mode over nothing.

Just more evidence to why I'm not the best mod mat

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Had I been a mod at that other place, instead of banning them I would have changed their user name to BiPolar Disorder. BTW, I realize that isn't a good humor topic for food reason. Tough thing to go through life with... but man that kid would throw a wild 180 our of nowhere and hit full freakout mode over nothing.

Just more evidence to why I'm not the best moderator material for older, more mature forums hahahaha.

Sponsor

Staff online