• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was at Snowbird last week and I was coming off a steep trail on to a cat track and I miss judged the transition and down hill ski released resulting in a fall . as I was getting up one snowboarder clipped the released ski and the second boarded cleared the ski out of his way IMO on purpose. My response was a mumble A hole to my self. Never really got a good look at them as I was picking my old self up. Is this what to expect from our young skiers or riders today ?? This is the only time in my 59 years on ski's have I had anything even close to IMO a disrespectful act

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately disrespectful aholes come in all shape/size/age/etc. and you never know when you will cross path with one...I pity them for they will run into a bigger disrespectful ahole eventually.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I was in the singles line today & I saw a father get separated from his 2 kids as it was my turn to hop a chair.

I motioned to the attendant & offered up my spot on the chair.

Dad was a total A hole & skied over my boards without even a ‘thanks’

I waited another 5’ to catch a chair.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I was at Snowbird last week and I was coming off a steep trail on to a cat track and I miss judged the transition and down hill ski released resulting in a fall . as I was getting up one snowboarder clipped the released ski and the second boarded cleared the ski out of his way IMO on purpose. My response was a mumble A hole to my self. Never really got a good look at them as I was picking my old self up. Is this what to expect from our young skiers or riders today ?? This is the only time in my 59 years on ski's have I had anything even close to IMO a disrespectful act
You did say snowboarders right? That kind of crap happens in MI every day I ski from the youngsters on skis and boards.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I always take the high road with a -
YOUR WELOME !
It starts softly and if not acknowledged it goes to 11 if I don’t t get a thank you at some point

dicks checking their phone as I hold the door get a screen in the face
Growing up I was taught to hold the door for people, both women and men. Those that say thanks are fine those that don't on occasion I have replied with "Your Welcome" some react and say thanks others have given me strange looks as if they don't know what I am talking about. Some people just don't have a clue, they are too into themselves to think anyone else matters.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was at Killington this week, it was around 2pm and I'm going up solo on the Skyship quad from the Bear Mtn lodge. The slopes and lifts were near empty. As my chair approaches the Snowshed Crossover, out from the tunnel comes a snowboarder who looks up at me, yells a loud " F* YOU " and raises the middle finger of his glove. 5 seconds later another boarder emerges from the tunnel and does the same thing. How do these kids think that is funny ? I bet they thought they were really cool though.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When I was at Killington this week, it was around 2pm and I'm going up solo on the Skyship quad from the Bear Mtn lodge. The slopes and lifts were near empty. As my chair approaches the Snowshed Crossover, out from the tunnel comes a snowboarder who looks up at me, yells a loud " F* YOU " and raises the middle finger of his glove. 5 seconds later another boarder emerges from the tunnel and does the same thing. How do these kids think that is funny ? I bet they thought they were really cool though.

Meh. Killington. They allow PugSki gatherings. What did you expect?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You can see kids learn the good stuff, though. Yesterday, two ten year olds in the singles line. It was busy, no traffic cop. They were all side by side and buddy buddy... I could see what they were up to. I said "You know this is the singles line, right?" They admitted, "Yeah." A twosome comes along - the chair was a triple. I can see they're trying to wait for a single (which wasn't happening in any case, as all the singles are behind us, of course). I poke one of them gently with the handle of my pole. "You gotta go." So he goes, very reluctantly. A couple of chairs later, kid #2 goes in the chair ahead of me. Drops his pole while loading. I pick it up. Get to the offload area. Both kids are like, "Wow, thanks." Big smiles. All good.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Got a report that a few people were actually shoving in the first tracks line here earlier this week. Apparently they wanted to get up one gondi car earlier. I could only shake my head and know that I'll never be that guy.

On a positive note, I was out on a powder day a couple of weeks ago and hit a rock that ejected my ski. No issue except that I didn't see where the ski went and it can be tough to find in a foot of powder. I suddenly got a call out from a guy down the hill a bit who had my ski (he saw where it went) and, after making sure I was OK, stood it up in the snow so I could easily ski to it (good one-footed practice). I'd have spent a long time searching because it wasn't where I thought it would be. I still owe him a beer if I see him again.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January