• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

eBike Interesting video on E-Bikes

TS
DoryBreaux

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
How many times have we seen this on the ski wall where a spouse wants "the best" or I am on the [cough]Mantra[/cough], therefore that is the best ski for my buddy Charlie who is just starting or the Aura for my 105lb wife who never skis more than blue goomers.

Back to the return...Sir, we didn't sell you that bike, you bought it. You came to us asking specifically for that bike. What is a salesperson's responcabilty in this situation, do they ask "Are you sure thats what you want?"

That ski analogy is beyond perfect. And damnit all if it isn't ALWAYS the Mantranina. Or the Bonafide.
You've no idea how many times I've used the "I wont sell you that but I wont stop you from buying it" on people this year.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Here is another similar story, I was in a shop and the manager asked me what he should do in this situation....
A man called in and special ordered a Cannondale Moterra SE an $8,500 bike with a 180mm Boxxer fork. The bike was for his wife. Paid for, ordered, picked up. Shop got a call a day or so later wanting to return the bike because the wife rode it for about 100 feet and could not steer or ride it. Was speed involved in her decision? Maybe. IMHO this (and your example) is a case of someone thinking the top of the line or most expensive is always the best. How many times have we seen this on the ski wall where a spouse wants "the best" or I am on the [cough]Mantra[/cough], therefore that is the best ski for my buddy Charlie who is just starting or the Aura for my 105lb wife who never skis more than blue goomers.

Back to the return...Sir, we didn't sell you that bike, you bought it. You came to us asking specifically for that bike. What is a salesperson's responsabilty in this situation, do they ask "Are you sure thats what you want?"

Looks like an AWESOME bike to ride at the park without paying for lift service :roflmao: But seriously, WOW.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think you know the answer to that, because you know me better than to even ask that.

I have been passed as many times while climbing in 6 years of riding here as I have this year by e-bikes alone. I'm not saying that out of arrogance or to brag--I'm a good climber, but I'm also not the youngest out there and and therefore not the fastest--also, Xterra riders train here in September and I have had them overtake me in the past. I cheer them on as they pass.

So, what is proper etiquette by an e-bike while overtaking on a climb?
I just looked at the Pugski team on Strava, for this week I am still slower than your average speed and I had one segment that was a good amount of road riding...at a pretty high speed. ;)

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 6.52.15 PM.png

Last edited: