• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Instructor recommendations in NY/VT

gozoogle

Booting up
Skier
Season pass at Windham this year; will likely make some trips to VT.

I'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced, looking to regain and surpass gate passing skills from my teenage years and get pro/efficient at steep/icy/variable-size mogul runs and narrow tree paths. Might try to participate in some NASTAR events.

Thanks,
Andy

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Signed up for the workshop. Also thinking about the PowerLearn program next year with Mermer but it's quite expensive and seems geared for beginners.
I think it's geared for trophy wives.

dm

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you have the chance to ski with mermer you would be crazy not to. See if she's the teacher or just overseeing the program. Perhaps she's available for your ability for a private for a few hours.

She's a PSIA examiner, awesome teacher, book author and great skier.

TS
gozoogle

gozoogle

Booting up
Skier
If you have the chance to ski with mermer you would be crazy not to. See if she's the teacher or just overseeing the program. Perhaps she's available for your ability for a private for a few hours.

She's a PSIA examiner, awesome teacher, book author and great skier.

I met her when I was in the boot shop talking to Marc. I think she teaches but rotates through the group. I may do a one-day trial and will see if I can get her directly.

TS
gozoogle

gozoogle

Booting up
Skier
Now I want to coach it even more.

I was talking to one lady who's being doing the program every season for the past 10 years. So... over $60k spent right there, trophy wife or not.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
It boggles the mind, doesn't it? One group of them is taking Mermer and a few others on a hell-trip, I was consulting with them about skis for the trip - and feeling jealous/wishing Stowe had a program like that.

James

Out There
Instructor
I met her when I was in the boot shop talking to Marc. I think she teaches but rotates through the group. I may do a one-day trial and will see if I can get her directly.
I skied with Mermer a day at Big Sky several years ago with the epicski academy. We were in a mogul field with big moguls. Mermer is discussing tactics. "Come around this mogul to the gap... Look, it's just like a bra. Ride the wire to the cleveage." As she traces it with her pole. Very funny and not forgotten.

Sponsor

Staff online