• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Inside leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Not a challenge or not being all 'who are you?', but just curious about your background JKinBC... helps with context is all. Thx.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, the inside ski is being used as an outrigger.
So I'm not an instructor, and may not be clear on terms... are you claiming that any weight on the inside ski means "outrigger"? (RE the comment about picking up the inside ski to see if you're balanced)

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I'm not an instructor, and may not be clear on terms... are you claiming that any weight on the inside ski means "outrigger"? (RE the comment about picking up the inside ski to see if you're balanced)
He seems to be using the term pejoratively so that would imply that 100/0 ski to ski weight distribution is the goal. I don't know who espouses that, so I'm with you...don't understand.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Do you have video of yourself following these instructions too well?
There is no video of me skiing, no proof that I'm not the best carver ever, no horribly embarrassing video of me skiing bumps, no video of me tomahawking down the hill. Hey if it's not on video, it never happened...now I'll have to find another way to explain all those broken bones and shoulder injuries.

P.S. IMHO you need enough weight on the inside ski to decamber it to match the curve of the outside ski (usually the weight of the leg is more than enough).

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Got a couple of reports on this thread. We are locking it to have the moderators take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online