• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Inside intel says Camelback PA is being purchased by KSL

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have some inside intel, but no confirmation that KSL is in the process of purchasing Camelback.
Will change this thread and confirm soon.

camelback.png
camelback ksl.png

Wondering if Camelback will be on the IKON pass​

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been waiting for the mid Atlantic onslaught by KSL and or Vail. IMHO this is the first of many to get assimilated. Stay tuned. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is KSL? Clearly some other place I need to tell about the fog here....

Investment group. Buys into travel/eisure type properties. Alterra for one, some Marrioot property. That’s about what I know about them.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Definitely a curious purchase.

I’d imagine they’re buying Camelback more for its lodge and indoor waterpark than its skiing, right? KSL also invests in nearby lodge/ indoor waterpark Kalahari.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m guessing they are broadening their ski footprint in the MA and then the NE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Me too!! But then I'm usually confused between the Blue Mountains...PA and Ontario.
Speaking of Blue Mountain (PA)...news coming from there pretty soon too!

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Been a few rumors running around Bristol, but so far nothing confirmed or denied...................as the bullwheel turns...................

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If Blue goes on Ikon, I might finally have a reason to do a Mid-Atlantic reminiscing ski tour. I've never been back East to ski since moving out West.
I forgot, you were from "The Valley", right?

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Camelback to KSL rumor has been going around for much of the season from people who would have some inside knowledge. I refused to mention it here because it has been just that,, a rumor. What is true is that the resort is up for sale.

Would think it was a pretty good buy for someone with the Hotel and water parks. Have heard that the hotel is pretty much sold out most weekends during the season and with a range of other activities very profitable all year long (summer business is huge at Camelbeach).

Be interesting to see if this unfolds and in what form. Carried an Ikon base along with a Camelback Super Pass this season and was planning to repeat next season. Would be nice for me if it was wrapped up in one pass.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
When we first started visiting NE resorts, our plan was to scope out where we would purchase for retirement. I had hoped that a local PA resort would be purchased by one of the conglomerates to make it easier to ski locally as well, but only Jack Frost and Big Boulder were part of the Peak Pass with Mt Snow. We didn't get too far after visiting Mt Snow, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Killington, the latter which is about the extreme of driving distance my wife would tolerate (7 hr on a good NJ/NY traffic day). So it was Killington for the win! But I would still like it if a local PA resort ended up on the same pass with K. The problem is that K is not unlimited on Ikon, so we get K season passes. With the day trip distance, really only Blue and Camelback would be worth the effort now with Elk being already halfway to K! My wife really began to hate those day trips even on the bus to Elk...

Sponsor

Staff online