• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Insane double backflip meat huck

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Insane and reckless if you asked me. He over rotated and practically landed on the back of his head. Would have been sweet to stick the landing instead of cratering beyond flat on his back. He's a lucky dude., No doubt a great skier but that was literally over his head, the back of his head.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:eek:
My lack of confidence in air precludes me from attempting such a feat.
It is serious stoke. Thanks for posting.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I'm thinking back to the "How much risk is too much risk?" thread. A skilled aerialist isn't going to botch the landing that bad. He might be a good skier, but he needs some more aerial practice in a controlled environment. The guy in the red jacket was over his head and operating in survival mode, just so he could reach the launch for his cliff drop and then biff the landing anyway. A couple of the GoPro shots show the skis hitting the ground after a jump, but then it cuts off. I wonder if that's because what followed went badly. Kind of like on The Dukes of Hazzard, when the General Lee makes jump and the camera cuts away just as the wheels touch down, so you don't see the front end buckle from the force of the landing. (They shredded a lot of Chargers on those jumps)

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
:eek:
My lack of confidence in air precludes me from attempting such a feat.
It is serious stoke. Thanks for posting.

I realize I am in the minority here, but watching people huck and crash does absolutely nothing for my stoke.

Watching somebody huck and keep skiing like absolutely nothing happened is a whole different story.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Definitely a reckless, stupid thing to do. I don't think you can watch the vid and deny that if you have an even semi sane brain. Guy could've died or broken half the bones in his body but apparently he didn't so high five bro. These are the kinds of vids that are simultaneously impressive as hell but also scary to anyone who knows anything about the consequences of skiing. Not my cup of tea but I would've cheered him from the lift.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I realize I am in the minority here, but watching people huck and crash does absolutely nothing for my stoke.

Watching somebody huck and keep skiing like absolutely nothing happened is a whole different story.
For me, it reinforces my lack of desire to do such things.

...and quite frankly, at my age, I see folks doing stuff like that and think..."oh man, when he gets a little older, he's going to feel every one of those aches and pains"

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

This is why my favorite skiers to watch on film are Coombs, Morrison and Hoji.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This is why my favorite skiers to watch on film are Coombs, Morrison and Hoji.
McConkey also landed well enough to ski out of a fair amount of his big airs.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lots of guts, not as much brain.
Huge double back but his air awareness is seriously lacking due to way over rotating.
Guy in the red was pretty sketch as well.

As posted I too prefer watching the guys that can do a hero air and stomp the landing. Way more skill involved.

Sponsor