• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Innovative Suspension Fork

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
FWIW, there have been linkage forks in motorcycle road racing a few times and the consensus has been that the stability offered under braking is unwanted. Riders wanted more sensitive turn-in offered by the steeper geometry under braking and they wanted the increased stability offered by the slack on acceleration. I've never tried one personally..that's just what seems to have come out of the experiments in MotoGP. Interesting read.

https://newatlas.com/motoinno-ts3-motorcycle-suspension-steering-moto2/42378/

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For the linkage :thumb: or for the price :eek: ?

Yes.

Well... I'd try it.

Same! Trying. Stay tuned, though I'm probably too old and semi-retired to make the long-term tester cut.

FWIW, there have been linkage forks in motorcycle road racing a few times and the consensus has been that the stability offered under braking is unwanted. Riders wanted more sensitive turn-in offered by the steeper geometry under braking and they wanted the increased stability offered by the slack on acceleration. I've never tried one personally..that's just what seems to have come out of the experiments in MotoGP. Interesting read.

https://newatlas.com/motoinno-ts3-motorcycle-suspension-steering-moto2/42378/

Yup. MotoGP has been there, and stepped back from the cliff. But.....I think it's different on an mtb. I would KILL to be able to eliminate or at least diminish brake dive on my mtb on steep downhill corners. Road racing motorcycles don't ever see these kinds of pitches.

There are many corners on our rugged moto trails that I come flying into on the brakes so hard that I'm 2/3 of the way into my fork travel, and then I have to get through the braking holes. I can only imagine having twice the available travel in that situation, not to mention constant geometry as the front wheel tracks through its travel (which I believe is one of their bigger deal claims).

But at $2,700 it will remain a keyboard debate for a LONG time!!!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yeah and motogp is a little different than dirt moto. So maybe the issues that are apparent in road racing don't loom as large in big hit off road territory. Cool to try but ouch on the pocket book ...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
First live spotting, though not exactly in the wild, lets call it zoo.
IMG_20181027_132858.jpg
IMG_20181027_132835.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online