• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
The skiing has been so good lately that I looked up some statistics. Our area is pretty much ignored by just about everyone but the powder skiing has been so good lately.

Lookout Pass (Interstate 90 on the Idaho/Montana border: Snow on the ground 140 inches, snowed over 350in.

Silver Mt. Kellogg Idaho: 100 inches on the ground snowed 322 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 2

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Definitely an underated area. I was lucky enough to get to Lookout right after a foot or so, and had a blast on hercules all day. Fun place.
I heard then about an expansion on montanana side, is that going to happen?

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yes, the mountain to be developed is right behind Lookout to the South. The lst phase has been approved and runs will be cut this summer, initially there will be two lifts, the road in from Montana will be paved etc., a lodge built at this new base and will really expand the powder and sidecountry skiing.

If you ever come back let me know and I will show you something way better than Hercules.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bad Bob, you have a point on not telling anyone but it real y doesn't matter because people are intent on spending lots and lots of money to ski at name brand resorts. It is really almost impossible to convince someone that they can get a $3.00 pint, a 8-11 $ good sandwich with fries and then go out after lunchand ski almost untracked powder and stand in NO lift lines. Just too good to be true. Not to mention two season passes for a total of $212.00.

AND then they would be forced to ski our very crowded slopes:

How many skiers do you see in this photo, one for sure maybe 2

IMG_0534.JPG