• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Dan Leever IS Team America. Notice that the consistent athlete has been Alex Leever. At one point it was Dan and Eric Resnick. Eric is still involved, through their ownership of SYNC {which is the primary sponsor of Team America}, and he, I believe, is the primary benefactor of Jr. Team America. Eric, for those of you who do not know, is the CEO of KSL, the PE firm that is the principal owner of Alterra. Also a long time board member of USSA/USST and SSCV.

I would take that article, like much of the content on skiracing.com with a decent sized grain of salt. They have many "contributors" who are not all that on top of of the subject matter. Interns, etc. I'm pretty disappointed in what they out, but there is not much out there. I get the big picture and headline of their content, but I think a few things get lost in the details.

Most making comments have an agenda, an axe to grind, or are clueless, in all of their articles.

With respect to independent teams, I would think that they would have included three or four others. Team X is brand new, and based in SLC. Redneck Racing is always fun copy, but is hardly an independent team like most others. No budget. Team America has a very big budget. Global Racing does as well, and is giving racers the European experience they really need. They are putting people on the WC {not Americans}. Treble Cone has been at this for years, with consistent results. Team CLIF is also well funded, but tends to be very quiet....no need to seek any publicity, I guess. One athlete.

I do have the opinion that independent teams might be part of the future of the sport, but to do it right {like complete with the USST} it is a frightfully expensive proposition. Much more so than this article suggests.

Sponsor

Staff online