• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Incongruous Ads on PugSki

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
DF6CCB1C-F5ED-4C59-8282-A419C1B4D42D.png
This is the current ad on this page for me .... and it makes no sense.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Got any reccos for a good molinillo?

The painted ones make me nervous, you know how bad Mexico is about regulating paint ingredients - and I reckon China is worse but I bet they're making them for export.

This is the current ad on this page for me .... and it makes no sense.

Why no sense? It's like AAA for boats - and at least they got the SoCal right?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never seen a pig roaster that looks like that. Around here the County Boys make them out of old oil tanks. Not too portable though.

Different region and culture all have different way of roasting a pig.
Here is an article from the Austin Chronicle on the type of pig roaster @Tony S posted. They call it La Caja China.

Agree with the article that the name La Caja China is hog wash. Chinese BBQ joints usually hang the pigs vertically for roasting.

Roast Pig Chinese.jpg

Per tradition, we usually get a whole roasted pig from the local Chinese BBQ joint when the family get together to celebrate happy occasions.
This is the roasted pig we ordered to celebrate Andrew landing his first job.

Pig in a box, no blanket.

IMG_20180714_124747.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Okay, this is really nuts. I got this ad tonight for something such that I didn't even know what it was. Probably I SHOULD have known. But I didn't.

View attachment 80253

I love those things! Wish I had a yard! Roasted Pig in those boxes is delish.

James

Out There
Instructor
Guy I know who's lived in Chinatown his whole life, gringo, told me about a store up the street. They got busted with slaughtering a pig in the place. When they went into the basement, they had a live cow in there too.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
In theory these ads are based on a users browsers history. Now in practice, google pretty much sends what ever they want, with a previous towards a browsers history.

If you want to know why you got an ad, you can click on the arrow in the upper right hand corner. You can also click the X to stop certain types of ads.

upload_2019-9-17_7-38-53.png

Now I'm hungry for a pork breakfast.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
"Google's estimation of your interests" haha!! Whatever the frick that may mean, Citizen K... :roflmao:

It's kinda funny not funny, you know? :(

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
"Google's estimation of your interests" haha!! Whatever the frick that may mean, Citizen K... :roflmao:

It means no one in the house can do online shopping and keep it secret without using a blocking browser.

Use a normal browser and guaranteed everyone else will see ads for the gift during the week. And it propagates to every other device signed into gmail/Youtube.

Kinda funny, not funny.

Last edited:

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I got this one and thought, what the heck, what does this have to do with skiing or being on Pugski,

63C5D05A-7865-4228-86FA-2BB04B2B3C1D.png

Then, I checked out the website. I mean, it looks really suggestive doesn’t it? Worth reporting. Well, turns out it is so appropriate,

https://vasovicity.com/

I put down the phone, walked to the other room and engaged in conversation with the Good Wife.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Guy I know who's lived in Chinatown his whole life, gringo, told me about a store up the street. They got busted with slaughtering a pig in the place. When they went into the basement, they had a live cow in there too.
:eek:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

You did say you wanted fresh. Didn't ya?

What really impressed me is how they get that cow down into the basement. Those basement stairs are narrow and steep. Certainly don't want to be the dude on the bottom leading the cow down the stairs.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've led horses into and out of some crazy spots, but a cow down the stairs...
:roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January