• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

'Improvements' coming to Mt Hood Meadows

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well since season pass/lift ticket congestion pricing was so successful in keeping down the weekend crowds :doh:, they'll add congestion pricing for food. From 11am-1pm chili fries goes to $20. That'll address our critical spacial needs.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Announcing - the most significant improvement at Mt. Hood Meadows this century. A venture that will substantially improve our resort experience, by addressing critical spacial needs for the comfort and enrichment of our guests.

I'll speculate:

1) It has something to do with the land swap. Meadows swapped land near Cooper Spur for land near Government Camp. Maybe parking at Government Camp?

2)Maybe a lift between T'Line and Meadows?

3) It's a "venture" -- so maybe they are joining one of the pass collectives?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
!!! A BRAND NEW PARKING LOT !!!

OK, probably not the big announcement they have in mind, but there IS a new, roughed-in parking lot that I expect will be completed for next season.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm betting the "Sahale Club" gets access to a private locker room, dining room, and line-cutting privileges at the lifts. For those willing to pay.

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm betting the "Sahale Club" gets access to a private locker room, dining room, and line-cutting privileges at the lifts. For those willing to pay.
I see riots in the streets (I mean lift lines) if they allow line-cutting privileges. Pisses me of just thinking about it.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
An at least sort of modern lift in Heather Canyon?

Which I freely admit would be the very definition of a mixed blessing.

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
An at least sort of modern lift in Heather Canyon?

Which I freely admit would be the very definition of a mixed blessing.
Or how about taking it out altogether? Going back to the days before the lift went in would really create space for those who don’t mind the long run out to the HRM parking lot.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Or how about taking it out altogether? Going back to the days before the lift went in would really create space for those who don’t mind the long run out to the HRM parking lot.

Well, Mother Nature almost removed it many years back, when we had that huge slide that stopped a hundred feet or so shy of the lift base (IIRC).

But no lift? Better skiing, for sure, but I don't think my 60 year old legs could skate from the runout to the HRM lift five times a day like my 40 year old legs could.

There certainly was a lot less "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" aspect to the lower portions when traffic was much lower.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
My experience when I was in Portland -- it'd have been a significant improvement to put up some trail signs.

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well, Mother Nature almost removed it many years back, when we had that huge slide that stopped a hundred feet or so shy of the lift base (IIRC).

But no lift? Better skiing, for sure, but I don't think my 60 year old legs could skate from the runout to the HRM lift five times a day like my 40 year old legs could.

There certainly was a lot less "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" aspect to the lower portions when traffic was much lower.
My experience when I was in Portland -- it'd have been a significant improvement to put up some trail signs.
The hardest part of Heather Canyon is not really the canyon itself but the runout that gets the most horrendous ill-formed bumps at choke points and the skiers that are picking their way through it. Oh yeah and then, especially earlier in the season, the washboard on the cat track back to the lift.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier