• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I'll have the usual

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
How about the usual on the mountain?

In Austria, my usual is a schnitzel with fries. In Italy, it's lasagna. In Switzerland, if I'm in a place that does rosti with egg (and preferably bacon), then I go for that.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The neighborhood I lived in in Wisconsin had a supper club on the main road. I’d barely get through the door and Neil (the bartender) would be mixing an Old Fashioned, which was waiting for me by the time I made it to the bar. Sorta miss those days — and the onion rings and relish tray.
Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet? The national cocktail of Wisconsin?

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
A&W -Teen Burger Meal.
McDonald's -Toss up between Big Mac and 1/4 pounder with cheese meal.
Adanac Ski Hill -Turkey Chipotle Paninni with everything
The Keg -toss up between roast beast (prime rib) and New York Striploin (with Lobster tail)
Pizza -pepperoni hot peppers and bacon
Most oriental restaurants -hot and sour soup.
Pubs hot chicken wings - usually.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Johnny seesaws restaurant - duck poutine, sip of sunshine on draft

Oh, Johnny Seesaws is back in business? Cool. Stayed there many years ago when it was an Inn of sorts and restaurant. Good eats and nice cottages. The legend is, the place use to be a brothel back in the day.

I think it's the millenials' unarticulated desire for lost community.

Yeah, I think lost community is a big issue for all of society these days. I think it explains a lot of the crazy we see on the news anymore.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The neighborhood I lived in in Wisconsin had a supper club on the main road. I’d barely get through the door and Neil (the bartender) would be mixing an Old Fashioned, which was waiting for me by the time I made it to the bar. Sorta miss those days — and the onion rings and relish tray.
To be honest, that is half the people in Wisconsin on a Friday night. :)

Friday Fish fry = Walleye for me.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Tim Hortons - medium dark roast black. And they know my name too! Artisan grilled cheese and bacon.
Fat Mardi's (Tremblant) Pinot Grigio, Bourbon St. Burger
La Diable - (Tremblant) Diable burger
Paulo's (Italian) pizza of the day.

Don't eat out much at home. And we don't have the same chain restaurants in Canada.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tim Hortons - medium dark roast black. And they know my name too! Artisan grilled cheese and bacon.
Fat Mardi's (Tremblant) Pinot Grigio, Bourbon St. Burger
La Diable - (Tremblant) Diable burger
Paulo's (Italian) pizza of the day.

Don't eat out much at home. And we don't have the same chain restaurants in Canada.

We discovered Tim Hortons on a trip to Toronto 3 years ago to watch our son play basketball. They’re a great place and are everywhere you look up there.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dunkin keeps getting worse and worse. I used to stop at Tim Hortons in RI and it was nothing to brag about. McDonalds is a bit better. Like handicapping a Jets v Buffalo game.

Jacob

Out on the slopes
Skier
We discovered Tim Hortons on a trip to Toronto 3 years ago to watch our son play basketball. They’re a great place and are everywhere you look up there.

Much better than Dunkin Donuts!!

I think Dunkin Donuts is swill. Tim Hortons RULES!!! Wish they were everywhere here. I might go to Starbucks less!!!

As an Oklahoman, I highly recommend you try Daylight Donuts. Denver and SLC each have a couple of locations. Or if, God forbid, someone forces you to go to Tulsa or OKC, they're all over the place there.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Here's the next level... I went into the local pizza/sub shop often enough for lunch for quite a while that I didn't even need to order. I'd sit down and they would just bring me my food.

Philly cheese-chicken plain, fries, diet Coke
We had a Thai place (now closed) here in town that recognized my voice on the phone when calling in takeout - always the same two orders, #26 Hot and #37 medium.

Sponsor

Staff online