• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ikon vs. Epic. vs. Mountain Collective Cage Match

MrBurnz99

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I think they are targeting slightly different markets. The Mountain Collective is an outlier in this debate.
It is more for people that live far away from destination resorts and plan on taking several trips.
It the cheapest option but only gives you a couple days at each spot.

Icon/Epic are more expensive but function more like a season pass, so you need to live close by.

The debate is really Icon vs Epic, and the answer is dependent on where you live.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have my favorite of the passes but I don’t see it as a which is better thing. I look at it as more of a something for everyone depending on where you like to ski and how often you can get there.

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
I think they are targeting slightly different markets. The Mountain Collective is an outlier in this debate.
It is more for people that live far away from destination resorts and plan on taking several trips.
It the cheapest option but only gives you a couple days at each spot.

Icon/Epic are more expensive but function more like a season pass, so you need to live close by.

The debate is really Icon vs Epic, and the answer is dependent on where you live.

Yes.
I am on Mountain Collective for the next winter. I live in Australia.
I expect to get my 2 days here in Thredbo this August. Mt Buller here in Oz has just been announced so that will be another 2 days.
In February next year I expect to get 3 days (bonus) at Aspen/Snowmass, 2 at Alta, 2 at Snowbird, 2 at Jackson and 2 at Big Sky.
Bonus for us Aussies is we bought the pass at $449 Aussie dollars which is a big saving.
So I expect to get 15 days for $449 aud. Great value at 30 aussie dollars a day.

* I know moving around isn't for everyone but we love a road trip and seeing things between skiing destinations is great fun. I expect to see Yellowstone and Canyonlands at least.