• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ikon Pass Mobile App Now Available

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IKON image.jpg

AMPLIFY YOUR ADVENTURE WITH THE NEW IKON PASS MOBILE APP FOR WINTER 2019/2020
Enhance the On-Mountain Experience with Stat Tracking, Friend Groups, and Pass Management

DENVER, CO, November 20, 2019 - The new Ikon Pass mobile app is available now in app stores, expanding the on-mountain experience for skiers and riders at 41 global Ikon Pass destinations.

The new Ikon Pass app is designed to help Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass holders get the most out of their pass and enhance a day on the mountain. The app is free and available for download in the U.S. Apple App store and the U.S. Google Play Storeand will function at all 41 Ikon Pass destinations around the globe.

“As we enter the second season of the Ikon Pass, we are excited to offer Ikon Pass holders an app to enhance their experience on the mountain as they visit any of our 41 destinations around the globe,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer, Alterra Mountain Company. “The app is a new outlet for the Ikon Pass community to engage with our destinations and other pass holders.”

The Ikon Pass app offers several active functions such as track on-mountain stats, view leaderboards, find your location on destination trail maps, create friend groups and more. Click here for a demonstration.

Manage Your Ikon Pass: The app displays the Ikon Pass holder’s number of days skied, destinations visited, access days used and remaining, friends and family vouchers used and remaining, and more.

Track Stats & Leaderboards: The Ikon Pass app allows skiers and riders to track lifts, trails, distance, hours, vertical feet, max speed, altitude, and difficulty of trails skied themselves and against the entire Ikon Pass community. The leaderboard shows the top 25 guests based on days, lifts and vertical feet for each Ikon Pass destination and can be sorted by day, week, month, and the entire season.

Friend Groups: Ikon Pass holders can create groups of friends and find their mountain locations on the live map and send in-app chat messages. After a day on the mountain, an email is sent with summary stats and friend group leaders.

Destination Information: Snow reports, live cams, weather updates, interactive trail maps with find your location services.

“The new Ikon Pass app is powered by over a dozen different data and system connections,” said Ellen Lee, SVP, Digital Marketing & Experience. “This combined technology creates a digital companion to assist Ikon Pass holders as they navigate their entire visit. One of the coolest features is that the app can compile stats for your season and enable you to compare them and see where you stack up against the entire Ikon Pass community.”

The Ikon Pass unlocks adventure with access to 41 iconic winter destinations across the Americas, Switzerland, Japan, Australia and New Zealand and is a collaboration of industry leaders – Alterra Mountain Company, Aspen Skiing Company, Boyne Resorts, POWDR, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Taos Ski Valley, Sugarbush Resort, Zermatt, Thredbo, Mt Buller, Niseko United, Valle Nevado, and NZ Ski. Each demonstrates integrity, character and independence that is reflected in their mountains and guests.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 9.52.37 AM.png

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Yay - give away more personal data for free. And can I be first to say

1 bollux to this gamification where we have to see where we " stack up against the entire Ikon pass community"

2 any group of customers is not a community. Most of us drink coffee but we'd laff at being called the coffee community. Stop it marketeers now!

In other news, are any of these apocryphal stories about RFID , App data being used in skier collision lawsuits true?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice to have all the resort maps and information in one app rather than having to have an app for each resort you visit.

If the app served as a substitute for one’s pass, like with airline boarding passes, it would be more useful.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice to have all the resort maps and information in one app rather than having to have an app for each resort you visit.

If the app served as a substitute for one’s pass, like with airline boarding passes, it would be more useful.
Given my poor experience with using my phone as a boarding pass, I’m not sure I’d want that. And, the Ikon Pass is an RFID Pass at most places, so you can leave it in your pocket, safely zipped away, far easier than a phone pass.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll give it a shot and see if it has any value.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Given my poor experience with using my phone as a boarding pass, I’m not sure I’d want that. And, the Ikon Pass is an RFID Pass at most places, so you can leave it in your pocket, safely zipped away, far easier than a phone pass.

While I don't have issues with boarding passes, I agree that given RFID I can't imagine wanting to pull out my phone to have a pass scanned instead of just using the pass.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Downloaded and took a quick look. It has potential. It's nice to have all of the Ikon resort maps in one app. There's a button at the top of the trail map to start tracking and it links to the Apple health app to track the workout.

The only sad thing is when I told it I was at Brighton it didn't magically transport me there ogwink

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
While I don't have issues with boarding passes, I agree that given RFID I can't imagine wanting to pull out my phone to have a pass scanned instead of just using the pass.

Oh, I completely agree, I’m just thinking of situations in which I might forget my Ikon pass and it’d be nice to have an easy way to access lifts without having to go to Guest Services, wait in line and provide proof that I am who I say I am, in order to get a replacement pass, and then throw away my original pass that was forgotten at the condo or left in the car.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Got the email from Ikon, clicked the link for Apple Store, loaded app. Error message: “internal server error.” Probably a lot of people doing the exact same thing right at the moment.

Oh wait, now it’s working.

I do like the feature of connecting with your crew, connected messaging (I wonder if that includes group messaging) and crew locations. That could be really useful at the Gathering.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We can just pee to write out messages in the snow for him:
Meet at lodge at ..... (damn, 21 seconds elapsed already? If only he’d used the app.....)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Or like use Whatsapp like the rest of the world.....

BTW not saying I won't install it. But probably only use it for tracking days etc and not enable it live. But I can't as it aint on the Play store anyway and if they want me to klutz around with desktop links they can seriously f right off.

Plus its geoblocked - seriously wtf. They don't want intl skiers to get stoked on their resorts in advance.

Sponsor

Staff online