• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ikon Pass Extends Dates with Offering Double Renewal Discounts and Adventure Assurance

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That sounds like someone who can't get into Canada for having DUI's or some other legal history.
Yep you got it. It was an Aussie, and there was some issues with "The Law" giving him a hard time and some reference to ticky-tacky immigration type things, like overstaying by just a day or two, but enforcing things when he was already on the way out at the airport for his flight home.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We've decided to not renew this year. Too many unknowns at this point for us to purchase for 2 adults and 1 kid. Passes aren't the main expense of our season anyway, lodging and transportation are.

The other curveball for us is this is the year for some major home maintenance and renovation-- with an eye to possibly selling and relocating next year.

We still plan on skiing, hopefully, in 2020-2021, but might focus more on the independents. Just depends.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We've decided to not renew this year. Too many unknowns at this point for us to purchase for 2 adults and 1 kid. Passes aren't the main expense of our season anyway, lodging and transportation are.

The other curveball for us is this is the year for some major home maintenance and renovation-- with an eye to possibly selling and relocating next year.

We still plan on skiing, hopefully, in 2020-2021, but might focus more on the independents. Just depends.
You could potentially get Mountain Collective or Indy, or something like that. There is still time.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
We went ahead and renewed our IKON passes, and I renewed my Epic pass. Keeping fingers crossed for a better season in 20/21...

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Just renewed my Ikon pass and upgraded to a full from Base. I had not planned on going to an Ikon resort this year but the addition of Bachelor helped with the decision. If there is a season I am sure to get my money's worth.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I’m not renewing, but MCP then Ikon was my second pass. If virus problem improves and Ikon sells pass in April that gives us Squaw and Mammoth (and maybe Bachelor) in Spring plus 2021-22, I will buy then.

I’m planning on buying Vail Tahoe Value passes for my wife and I near the Sept. 7 deadline at under $670 for both of us. We did not ski Tahoe enough this/last year and should be able be able to do a lot of Sun PM or Mon to Thurs trips.

We made our first trip to South Tahoe family cabin today since we were here from 12/31-1/3. We ate our lunch at cool and very windy Lake KIrkwood on way up. It’s great to be back in the Sierra and cabin survived almost 5 1/2 months of not being used with only a few dead bugs and usual pine tree droppings.
87DE5E7D-15B4-4F0A-8032-DA67DD41495C.jpeg

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
I went ahead and renewed my base pass too. With my home mountain being on the Ikon Pass (Crystal), it's not about being able to travel but just about whether we'll be skiing at all or in what capacity. I think what they're offering is reasonable enough for me to take the chance. What's being offered doesn't take 100% of the risk away from me, but frankly I don't think they owe it to me to take on 100% of the risk themselves. I understand some people want that, I personally don't think that's reasonable to expect. If I was planning to travel to make use of my pass I'd probably feel differently about my decision.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Anyone else have issues where the renewal discount was not being applied today? As recent as a couple days ago, the renewal prices showed up in our cart once logged in but today it hasn't even after logging in and out multiple times. I emailed this afternoon so I'm good as they have a banner at the top of their page letting you know the discounts will be extended if you've contacted them prior to the deadline.

Just curious if anyone else ran into the same issue. Regardless, we will be renewing and look forward to 4-5 trips out west. Hopefully there will be some deals on airfare and lodging with the reduced numbers.

A-A-Ron

Booting up
Skier
Here's more info on the Ikon "Zero-Day Credit", which probably applies to a minority number of people on the pugski forums. Unfortunately, if you were a low utilizer, this does not do you much good. For example, if you only used your pass one day, you would have received the same "double renewal discount" as someone who put 100 days on their pass.

See bellow:

skiing.substack.com

Alterra Rolls Unused 2019-20 Ikon Passes Into Equivalent 2020-21 Passes
Skiers who scanned at least one day get same renewal discount as everyone else
skiing.substack.com
skiing.substack.com

Thank you again for purchasing a 20/21 Ikon Pass. Now, any 19/20 Ikon Pass holder who used zero days between the time of purchase and June 30, 2020 will receive the new Zero-Day Credit for 20/21. Your current 19/20 unused Ikon Pass will roll over to 20/21 and you will receive the same category of Ikon Pass for 20/21 with no extra charge. Your complimentary 20/21 Ikon Pass will be loaded onto your existing 19/20 pass and you will not receive a new pass in the mail. We will automatically contact you once we have applied the Zero-Day Credit with the required steps to activate your Ikon Pass media.
In the meantime, there is no action required by you, we’ll take care of it all. Between July 1, 2020 and August 1, 2020, we will refund your purchased 20/21 Ikon Pass in the amount detailed below to the card we have on file. You will see 'Ikon Pass' in the description line of your credit card statement.

If you are enrolled in the payment plan program, we will refund your deposit and cancel all future payments associated with your purchased 20/21 Ikon Pass.
If you added pass insurance to your purchased 20/21 Ikon Pass the amount paid will be refunded to you as described above. Pass insurance cannot be added to your complimentary 20/21 Ikon Pass.
If you would like to upgrade your complimentary 20/21 Ikon Pass product, you will have the ability to do so in Fall 2020 when the online upgrade capability becomes available.
If you no longer have your 19/20 pass you may obtain a new pass at a ticket window or customer service center at any Ikon Pass destination.
You will receive a confirmation email once your Zero-Day Credit and the refund for your purchased 20/21 Ikon Pass have been completed.
Thank you for being a part of the Ikon Pass community. Sweet days await us.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, my comprehension skills seem to be at an all-time low. TO June 17 is not the same as THROUGH June 17. D'oh! I shot IKON an email to see if they can help me out but I understand if they don't. In my defense the website still had the reduced rates showing this morning but once in the cart they disappeared. I took a screenshot and attached to the email. We'll see what happens.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
I pulled the trigger on the base pass last night- I'm hoping to drive out to Utah this winter for 2-3 weeks for my sabbatical. I really hope things turn out as I'm planning...

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Well, my comprehension skills seem to be at an all-time low. TO June 17 is not the same as THROUGH June 17. D'oh! I shot IKON an email to see if they can help me out but I understand if they don't. In my defense the website still had the reduced rates showing this morning but once in the cart they disappeared. I took a screenshot and attached to the email. We'll see what happens.

I would still think of to June 17th as including today. Hopefully they change this it will piss off a lot of people.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I would still think of to June 17th as including today. Hopefully they change this it will piss off a lot of people.
In reading the email which I got yesterday and didn't read, it says very plainly tickets go up ON June 17. A costly mistake.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Yeah that’s different and very clear. How much is it gonna cost you?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah that’s different and very clear. How much is it gonna cost you?
I was planning on getting two unlimited, so $400. :rolleyes: BUT...now that I've screwed the pooch I may just get two base passes at $699 each plus the Aspen/JH add-on for $150 and still come in $150 each under the unlimited. So, $1698 instead of $1998. Still a bonehead move on my part.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
My emails were pretty clear about price goes up on 17 June but I thought it weird since they normally highlight last day for you to mark in the diary. That plus they usually run a little leeway +24 hours actually cos genuine customers have tech issues etc. Plead your case nicely and they might be kind - they should be happy you're willing to pay now.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My emails were pretty clear about price goes up on 17 June
My email was also very clear about that. Of course, one must read the email to get to that point. Again, D'oh!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My email was also very clear about that. Of course, one must read the email to get to that point. Again, D'oh!
They did have an "overloaded website" banner up last night. Too bad you are too honest to tell them you tried and failed to buy last night.

Sponsor

Staff online