• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IKON PASS EXPANDS WITH THE ADDITION OF MT. BACHELOR AND WINDHAM MOUNTAIN FOR THE 20/21 WINTER SEASON

Ikon Pass 20/21 On Sale Now

DENVER, CO, April 28, 2020 – Looking ahead to winter 20/21, Ikon Pass continues to expand access across North America with the addition of Mt. Bachelor in Oregon and Windham Mountain in New York for the 2020/2021 season. Ikon Pass holders can take advantage of 43 destinations. The Ikon Pass is on sale now at ikonpass.com.

“As we look ahead, we are excited to announce these new partners that represent the spirit of the Ikon Pass community, bringing added value to pass holders, at some of the lowest rates available since we launched the Ikon Pass,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer, Alterra Mountain Company. “Mt. Bachelor in Oregon and Windham Mountain in New York are favorites in their regions, adding expanded access in two new states in North America and inspiring Ikon Pass holders to seek more adventures.”

Ikon Pass holders will have access to seven days each at Mt. Bachelor and Windham Mountain with no blackout dates, and Ikon Base Pass holders will have access to five days each, with select blackout dates. There is no access to Mt. Bachelor and Windham Mountain on the Ikon Session Pass 4-Day.

Holding court in the High Cascades of the Northwest, Mt. Bachelor offers 4,323 acres of terrain and 360-degree descents from a 9,065’ volcanic peak, plus 15 Woodward terrain parks, snowshoeing adventures, tubing and more. This Pacific Northwest powerhouse is an ideal choice for families and adventure seekers.

“Mt. Bachelor is thrilled to partner with the Ikon Pass and join its growing community of like-minded winter enthusiasts,” says John McLeod, Mt. Bachelor President and General Manager. “Outdoor enthusiasts can experience the exhilaration of nature among some of Oregon’s most unique landscapes at Mt. Bachelor. It is a one-of-a-kind adventure for every fan of the outdoors, and an ideal fit for the Ikon Pass.”

Just two and a half hours north of New York City, Windham Mountain is the playground of the Catskills and a favorite regional destination, offering adventure, fresh air, and winter fun close to the city. Windham Mountain boasts 54 trails, 11 lifts, six terrain parks, an award-winning snow sports school, and Sunset Skiing on select nights of the season.

“Windham Mountain is excited to become a member of the Ikon Pass community. The premier collection of mountains paired with unparalleled pass value is an ideal match with Windham Mountain’s commitment to an ‘above and beyond’ experience for our guests,” said Chip Seamans, Windham Mountain President and General Manager. “Our location, just over two hours from New York City, makes Windham Mountain an attractive addition to an already-powerful lineup.”

Recently Ikon Pass announced a number of benefits for 20/21 Ikon Pass holders.
  • Adventure Assurance: 20/21 Ikon Pass holders have the choice to defer adventure to the following season for any reason with no fee, between September 10 and December 10, 2020. For more details, please visit the Adventure Assurance page.
  • Double Renewal Savings up to $200 to provide some value back to Ikon Pass holders due to the shortened 19/20 winter season
  • Extended deadlines to get the lowest price available - until May 27, 2020
  • Zero-Interest Payment Plan deadline extension through July 31, 2020 - four easy payments with only $199 down
The Ikon Pass unlocks adventure with access to 43 iconic winter destinations across the Americas, Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand and is a collaboration of industry leaders – Alterra Mountain Company, Aspen Skiing Company, Boyne Resorts, POWDR, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Taos Ski Valley, Windham Mountain, Thredbo, Mt Buller, Niseko United, Valle Nevado, and NZ Ski. Each demonstrates integrity, character and independence that is reflected in their mountains and guests.

The Ikon Pass is available now at www.ikonpass.com. Prices increase on May 27, 2020.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is great news for the industry. It shows that Epic (with thier pass program) and this, it shows that these two 800lb gorillas are not just sitting around licking their wounds, but looking forward.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is great news for the industry. It shows that Epic (with thier pass program) and this, it shows that these two 800lb gorillas are not just sitting around licking their wounds, but looking forward.
QFT

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh boy, the Hunta-Windham battle continues !

For a bit, the talk around town was that Windham was going private. I guess now the conversation on the street is going to be there goes the neighborhood. I for one agree it’s a great move for the industry and fantastic for the catskill area.
Just knowing the area and vibe there it will be a fun one to watch how the snobby property owners take it, some of them think they’re at Deer Valley :roflmao:

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier

For a bit, the talk around town was that Windham was going private. I guess now the conversation on the street is going to be there goes the neighborhood. I for one agree it’s a great move for the industry and fantastic for the catskill area.
Just knowing the area and vibe there it will be a fun one to watch how the snobby property owners take it, some of them think they’re at Deer Valley :roflmao:

Maybe this will thin out the crowds at Plattekill.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Maybe this will thin out the crowds at Plattekill.

You guys are killing me. :ogbiggrin:

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier
I don't know who owned these two particular mountains, but I can see smaller mom and pops being more willing to negotiate selling or partnering with all the uncertainty that's in the air for the upcoming season. Some may not be able to stay afloat.

Last edited:

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
This is great news. Bachelor was a hard sell before. No lodging near lifts, expensive lift tickets but now at least one hurdle is removed. I think when I switch back to Ikon in season after next, I will plan a trip to Bachelor.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hunter, the resort next to Windham, now a Vail property was family operated for two generations by the Slutsky family and always had plenty of cash on hand before the family sold to peaks, then Vail ate peaks up, probably for breakfast.
Windham has never had a cash flow problem that I know of even in the worst of years. Probably two of the best run areas in the east but from completely different ends of the spectrum.
Used to be brown bagger vs The Range Rover crowd, think that gap might be narrowing.

CascadeConcrete

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, that sweetens the deal quite a bit for PNW skiers. Nice!

Yep, this helps balance out Whistler on Epic as a weekend trip destination from Seattle or Portland. Honestly, surprised Ikon didn't add Bachelor sooner given that they already have other POWDR resorts on there.

I believe Portland remains the last major ski metro that doesn't have a local Epic or Ikon resort. I'm sure they'd both love to bring in one of the Hood resorts.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't know who owned these two particular mountains, but I can see smaller mom and pops being more willing to negotiate selling or partnering with all the uncertainty that's in the air for the upcoming season. Some may not be able to stay afloat.
They aren't bought by Alterra, just a part of the IKON pass.
5 or 7 days at each of them on the IKON pass.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Yep, this helps balance out Whistler on Epic as a weekend trip destination from Seattle or Portland. Honestly, surprised Ikon didn't add Bachelor sooner given that they already have other POWDR resorts on there.

I believe Portland remains the last major ski metro that doesn't have a local Epic or Ikon resort. I'm sure they'd both love to bring in one of the Hood resorts.
I don’t see any benefit to the Mt. Hood areas joining either of them. They are already overcrowded on weekends and holidays and not big enough to attract a destination skier. To me, the benefit to Bachelor joining is to attract the Portland skier who may have an Ikon pass.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t see any benefit to the Mt. Hood areas joining either of them. They are already overcrowded on weekends and holidays and not big enough to attract a destination skier. To me, the benefit to Bachelor joining is to attract the Portland skier who may have an Ikon pass.

Exactly. Mt Hood does not need EPIC/IKON and Vice Versa. T-Line and Skibowl are already in Powder Alliance.

Reactions: RJS

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I think this thread is waaaaay underestimating the number of EC IKON holders who want a not-too-hard, not-too-much-powder Western holiday to complement their Stratton days.
Bachelor is pretty empty except for Christmas week and the 3 day holidays. You can get in a lot of skiing in day. I’m sure they would love to host EC skiers.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Bachelor is a Powdr resort, so not a small mom and pop. It’s actually pretty big, 4300 lift-served acres, 3300+ lift served vertical, 465” annual snowfall and most of it drier than typical PNW snow. Mostly HSQ chairlifts. It doesn’t have particularly gnarly terrain, with a lot of rolling tree-lined intermediate terrain, but the summit area is a lot of fun, and the NW pod has more challenge, some of my favorite skiing terrain anywhere.

Another Powdr resort I’d like to be included on the Ikon pass is Silver Star in BC.

Sponsor