• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
As a Tremblant Sublime passholder ($379CAD pre-season, $599CAD regular), the base should be all I need. Full Tremblant pass is $1419CAD, but includes privileges.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Only ambiguity is in the combined 7 days - I assume this means you get 7 days at Aspen's hill plus 7 at Banff's etc but could be read as if you burn them all at Aspen no poutine for you.

I had the same question. I think this is the answer from Ikon's FAQ page.

Go to this page https://www.ikonpass.com/en/faq Scroll down till you see the word "Features" on the left side of the page, then click on this question to the right

HOW MANY DAYS DO I GET AT EACH DESTINATION ON THE IKON PASS AND IKON BASE PASS?

(sorry the Ikon web site wouldn't let me just copy the info)

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Got to wait for data on MCP & Vail passes before pulling the trigger on the base pass..
Likely very soon. Next years gatherings locations also factor in.

Snow/ drought does not factor in as next year weather is a total crap shoot at this point.

Minor annoyance is no Senior price is offered, Unlike MCP or Squaw Gold. . ..
But if you ski more than 20 days a year IKON base pass works better than those two.

A given is :daffy:

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
My guess at areas that might get enough votes. I suppose a Summit-County-centered Gathering might include Copper, so maybe Orange. SImilarly, I like Deer Valley quite a bit, but it doesn't get much respect.
I can't see Steamboat getting many votes. It's Colorado's version of Deer Valley.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
About that Senior price annoyance: I had a discussion with the ticket lady at Snowbird a couple of weeks ago about JH calculating the 50% discounted additional days on the Senior rate. She said Snowbird doesn't do it that way. As far as the MCP ticket is concerned, an adult is an adult is an adult. I even had her call her supervisor to confirm. Boo Hiss on Snowbird.

Edit: BTW, Mammoth also calculates the 50% discount off the Senior rate.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Only ambiguity is in the combined 7 days - I assume this means you get 7 days at Aspen's hill plus 7 at Banff's etc but could be read as if you burn them all at Aspen no poutine for you.

To me it looks like you would get 7 days at Deer Valley, while the 7 at Aspen Snowmass would be split between the 3 hills.

upload_2018-2-22_15-20-53.png

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
To me it looks like you would get 7 days at Deer Valley, while the 7 at Aspen Snowmass would be split between the 3 hills.

I'm still confused, do you get 7 days between the Aspen resorts, another 7 days between Alta and Snowbird, etc.

OR do you get 7 days combined between the Aspen resorts, Alta and Snowbird, etc.

The FAQ wasn't very specific.

I think it's the former, but a little part of me is worried that it's the latter.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Capture.PNG
I'm still confused, do you get 7 days between the Aspen resorts, another 7 days between Alta and Snowbird, etc.
Seems pretty clear to me. Especially since another FAQ explicitly says no moving days between different resorts.

All it means is that Aspen+Snowmass+Highlands+Buttermilk = one resort for pass purposes.
Alta+Snowbird = one resort for pass purposes

This is the way the Mountain Collective Pass was up until this year, when Alta and Snowbird were separated.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
My guess at areas that might get enough votes. I suppose a Summit-County-centered Gathering might include Copper, so maybe Orange. SImilarly, I like Deer Valley quite a bit, but it doesn't get much respect.

I've attached the Excel file in a zip -- go to town!
< see last @mdf post.

Kudo's to @mdf for a most excellent excel/open office chart above (text version on page 3) Should make a lot of this very clear. I can even live with 5 days
at a lot of the base pass areas as they would be hit on trips and none are in my home region. I'm assuming yellow is really green if they are not home areas
that you ski more than 5 to 7 days.

Blue's need labeling. It's Blue Mt Ont. ( at least 4 or 5 of them- one of the two in PA, Blue Knob, is the one you turn blue from extreme wind & cold)

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 40034
Seems pretty clear to me. Especially since another FAQ explicitly says no moving days between different resorts.

All it means is that Aspen+Snowmass+Highlands+Buttermilk = one resort for pass purposes.

This is the way the Mountain Collective Pass was up until this year, when Alta and Snowbird were separated.

I think they could use a better copy editor. It seems that they mean to separate the clusters as mdf indicates above, and use a semicolon to that effect... Up until the last cluster, where they use a comma in the full pass description and no punctuation mark preceding the word "and" in the base pass description. Still clear as mud to me.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

OR do you get 7 days combined between the Aspen resorts, Alta and Snowbird, etc.

I think it's the former, but a little part of me is worried that it's the latter.

I just posted the question on their FB announcement. It appears they are answering some questions so I'll post if they respond.

Reactions: RJS

Uncle Louie

Skier
View attachment 40034

Sorry Mike but I don't read it that way. The answer to this question in the FAQ page HOW MANY DAYS DO I GET AT EACH DESTINATION ON THE IKON PASS AND IKON BASE PASS? shows Aspen / Altabird / Loon -Loaf & Sunday river with the remaining Canadian resorts under the bullet of * 5 days combined. The bullet above mentions 5 days EACH for other areas

I think it means something like 2 at Aspen 3 at AltaBird for the base pass.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
View attachment 40034

This is exactly how I interpreted it too.

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
That’s a deal for me. 7 hours to snowshoe and a trip or two out west. Kids under 12 Deal really helps me out. 2 days at snowshoe cover that for my kids and the West is bonus.

Uncle Louie

Skier

Look at the bullet points in the answer. (for the Ikon pass @ 899.00)

*7 days EACH at Jackson etc etc.
*7 days COMBINED at Aspen/Snowmass - Altabird etc etc.

That leads me to believe the COMBINED resorts are all 7 days at one or a total of 7 days between them all.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
any chance they offer some free spring skiing if you buy the ikon pass when it goes on sale? Seems like mammoth and lake louise would be prime candidates for this.

FAQ under Destinations:

CAN I USE MY 2018-2019 IKON PASS TO SKI OR RIDE AT PARTICIPATING DESTINATIONS DURING SPRING 2018?

Yes. You can use your 2018-2019 Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass starting March 6, 2018 at Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Blue Mountain and Snowshoe; and starting on April 9, 2018 at Winter Park Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows and Mammoth Mountain.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January