• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got the same email. And I checked quickly for the month of March- that price seems to be good for the entire season. Great deal if you can commit to specific dates.

This shows the benefit of being associated with an organization with 100,000s targeted email addresses.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got my pass today in the snail mail. But I got an email today from Ikon that tickets will be limited at DV. You should reserve ahead. Never been there, but found that interesting.

That's interesting. I haven't gotten that email. And I'm likely to get there in early March. I'll have to remember to do that. Did Ikon happen mention how that was to be accomplished?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
http://links.mail.mammothmountain.c...=NTY5NjI0Mjk5MDMS1&j=NjYwNTU1NTI3S0&mt=1&rt=0

Under "know before you go".

DestinationsAsset%2075.png

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Got my pass today in the snail mail. But I got an email today from Ikon that tickets will be limited at DV. You should reserve ahead. Never been there, but found that interesting.

AFAIK Deer Valley has always had a daily skier limit so if you can reserve in advance, then this sounds like a good thing to me.

I got my Ikon Pass in the mail yesterday in spite of the rotating Canadian Postal strike. The package included stickers, iron on patch, and a map with little stickers for marking which Ikon resorts visited. I also got the lanyard.

BWIAB

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Maybe discussed but I don't have time to go through 41 pages of posts...:D

Any idea why the ikon pass looks exactly like epic... ? Even the blue and gold? Had to be on purpose, right? Seems very strange...:daffy:

skifastDDS

AKA doublediamond223
Skier
Does anyone have a list of which resorts have straight to the lift capability with the pass? I understand you need a lift ticket at Killington.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Does anyone have a list of which resorts have straight to the lift capability with the pass? I understand you need a lift ticket at Killington.

haha, The guy at Loon said as far as he knows the only place in the northeast that can scan is Killington.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yippee! My pass finally arrived in the mail!! Now....Bring on the snow :golfclap:

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
I purchased one at the Boston Ski Expo and received my pass within 6 days of uploading my photo. They were selling them at a $50 discount at the event.

I also won a one day Jackson Hole lift pass at their booth!

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Saw something semi-genius today at Squaw. We were booting up at Dave's and this guy was looking for a spot to hide his Icon pass. When he ordered it online, he uploaded a photo of George Costanza as his photo. He said he's on day 3 skiing today. On days 1 and 2, as he skied through the scanner, he moved away quickly as the scanner people would yet towards him - "not cool!" and "hey, wait up!".

So he went to the counter this morning to get a new photo, but for some reason, the let him keep the George Costanza pass. So he was looking for a spot to hide it, so he didn't get double-badge issues at the scanner. It was still there when we left midday at 12:30. Hopefully, it was still there when he finished. He just wanted it as a keepsake.

He said the guy at the counter said to him - "Isn't this that guy from that show?" Said the guy was 19 or 20, probably had barely ever seen Seinfeld.

P-Ute

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ikon pass failed at Brighton , powder day , lost 45 minutes of shredding waiting on a day pass. it sucked

My Ikon Pass worked flawlessly at Brighton on Friday Nov 30th, powder day, and at Solitude today. I am glad they have worked out the bugs!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
$2.10 coffee at Stratton with the discount. Pretty good deal. It was starbucks btw.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Sun and Ski email promotion yielded $50 off the base pass price. Missed the earlier deadlines because our ski trips were uncertain until recently... With promotion, pass price is <5 days advanced purchase lift tickets at Aspen. To be determined if the pass will actually save me $$ on lifts this season...

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
It was starbucks btw.

:nono:, too bad it wasn't coffee!

Reactions: mdf

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
:nono:, too bad it wasn't coffee!

I know some people that call themselves "wine snobs". I also know some people that have a similar attitude toward coffee and they call themselves "connoisseurs". :duck:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Not moi! Neither a roaster nor a grinder am I, and I use a $10 mostly plastic coffee maker at home. But I do buy a good quality ground coffee, not the greasy burnt crap that *$ passes off on its customers by overloading it with nonsense flavorings.