• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Considering all of the integration that they had to do get this done, I am impressed that they were even starting to dribbling out the passes in a somewhat timely manner. With all of the different type pass readers at there resorts, I am expecting some snafus this first season. Having an MCP for the past couple of years there were so many different processes with that to get a ticket from resort to resort, this is a collossal undertaking compared to that.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We received ours last week and most of our friends got theirs 2 weeks ago. We ordered ours before everyone else so maybe its just random.

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just received a second identical pass/welcome package in the mail :huh: . I wonder if only one will work when I go to use it

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interested to know if any Canadians have go their pass yet. Anyone?

I was at the Toronto Ski Show on Friday, asking the Ikon rep where our stinkin'badges were. Apparently I am not the only one who was asking. Nobody has received them yet, in Ontario at least. There was a lame attempt to blame the postal disruption, but I'm not buying that.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I haven't got mine and I am now at my winter Sun Peaks address so I am relying on Canada Post to forward mail to me ($125CDN for 6 months + $130 for a new temporary 6 mo. seasonal mail box), something that under worked and over paid postal workers screwed up twice last year including not forwarding registered mail to me.

I have filled my mail box in my condo lobby in Victoria with crumpled newspaper and blocked the front with a piece of cardboard with mail forwarding instructions. Still, the Posties might find a way to screw things up.:(

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
So I had to get my wife's pass refunded as the doctor said no skiing this year as she's prego, and I got the refund cheque already, quicker and easier than getting my Ikon pass. I'm keeping mine as she said I can ski all I want this year.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I also checked a number of friends that are not Pugski members and no one has their passes yet. So I contacted Alterra earlier this week via email. Their response:

Good Afternoon,
IKON Passes are being mailed to Canada but can take up to 4 weeks for them to arrive. The mail strike may make this even longer possibly. Both Tremblant and Blue Mountain will have the capabilities to print IKON Passes once they are open for the season so if your pass does not arrive and you want to ski just take your photo ID and confirmation letter to the ticket office and they can print a new IKON Pass. Have a great season.

Thank you for contacting the Season Pass Contact Center, have a great season.

Sincerely,
Amber
Ikon Pass Support
Alterra Mountain Company
888-365-IKON (888.365.4566)
www.IkonPass.com

But then I don't get my stickers and lanyard? As if I needed them.....

Tony

tseeb
Skier
While it's great Ikon continues to add areas (including some that most of us will not get to), my experience getting our passes could be better.

Just got our Ikon passes .... got two passes and only one lanyard? Mistake or is that the way they shipped to everyone? If it’s the latter, a little cheap, no?
It could be worse. My wife's pass arrived today, but mine did not even though my status is

"Mountain checklist – Anthony
  • Release of Liability: You're all set

• Pass Photo: You're all set"
I uploaded both of our photos before the middle of Sept. They didn't have my wife's photo so I uploaded same photo again in the middle of Oct. Since then, I have received something is missing postcards twice, but figured they were mistakes. I asked them to please send me my pass ASAP as I do not want to have to wait in line (and should not have to since I did my part) to get my pass if I go to Mammoth or Squaw later this month.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We just got ours. For whatever reason they used my wife's pic for both passes. I called and the person I spoke with created a ticket but it was also suggested that at this point it might be easier to wait for Winter Park to open and get it fixed in person.