• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
In the age of RFID passes and most jackets designed with a pass pocket these days, why bother with a lanyard at all? That was my thought on opening the envelope, anyway.

Yeah, I use the pass in an upper arm pocket in most jackets, but my spring jacket doesn't have that, so I sometimes wear it on a lanyard. Just thinking it's a poor form though.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I keep my cellular phone in my breast pocket. Inevitably, a pass on lanyard would position itself behind the phone.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I've been patiently waiting for our Ikon passes to arrive since I uploaded pictures when they pushed me to do so in late August if I wanted the passes mailed to us. But I had not been closely reading all their e-mails as most seemed to be trying to get me to spend more money by upgrading my Basic Pass to a Full Pass or to take advantage of their lodging 'deals'. But I finally noticed they said (at least a couple of times) that I had to login as something was missing. It turned out they did not have my wife's pass picture so I uploaded it (again AFAIK).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2. We got two passes and only one lanyard? Mistake or is that the way they shipped to everyone? If it’s the latter, a little cheap, no?
I'll give you a lanyard ;)

My hunch is that if you want them, and contact Alterra, they’ll send you at least one more. Agree most people not using a lanyard anymore in days of RFID.
I have sooooo many lanyards from all the trade shows and events we go to.

Note to self....Pugski lanyards. ;)
I like this idea.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
At work a lot of people hang their badges from lanyards. I see it places I visit too. Why not pugski?

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
OK, this ^^^ post just made me think- I commented above that most jackets these days have pass pockets. mdf's might be the exception.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Most of my jackets don't have pass pockets. I always put the RFID passes in my left pants pocket. So far so good.

Note to self. Stop buying those cheap Bogners and check out some real ski jackets with pass pockets. :rolleyes:

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Most of my jackets don't have pass pockets. I always put the RFID passes in my left pants pocket. So far so good.

I'm too short for pass in the pants pocket - it's below the scanner level. :D

Can someone post a photo of the Base Pass? I'm curious if it looks different from the Full Pass? We only upgraded a couple weeks ago and I want to make sure they sent the right one.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I'm too short for pass in the pants pocket - it's below the scanner level.

At Whistler they sell pass "wallets" with a plastic window and it is designed to snap onto a goggle strap.

So I asked, why do you sell pass holders when the RIFD reader system allows one to hide the season pass in a pocket? The answer: small kids pockets are not high enough to be scanned so affixing it to the goggle strap raises it to the correct height for most kids.:thumb:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, this ^^^ post just made me think- I commented above that most jackets these days have pass pockets. mdf's might be the exception.
I don't have a pass pocket, but I just use one of my regular jacket pockets. Keep potential interference sources in other pockets. It works fine.

I was referring to work badges, not ski passes -- an opportunity for cross-venue promotion. I'd say about half the ones I see are "souvenir" lanyards, rather than plain or employer-supplied.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh where, oh where,
Is my Ikon pass?
Oh where, oh where can it beeee?
Killington has snow,
Sunday River, too
Oh where, oh where can it beeee?

I have not received mine yet, although some of my ski buds received their IKON passes two weeks ago and we purchased them about the same time and we live in the same area. I called IKON today and the sweet woman who answered my call informed me that, in her opinion, there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which the passes are being mailed out. She told me mine was mailed two days ago, so I should be getting them soon. You could call if you're really concerned, they'll tell you if they've been mailed. As for Killington early season, I wouldn't use my IKON pass now. The early rack rate for the next month or so ( unless we have a killer early season ) is usually much lower a price than the normal season rate. The other thing you can do is get a 2 for 1 deal at Killington for early season ( until Dec 15th ) Just google Killington 2 for 1.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got mine on Monday, but my wife has not received hers yet. She did have to resend her picture which may have delayed things. It's OK-no plans to travel for a WROD..............

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have not received mine yet, although some of my ski buds received their IKON passes two weeks ago and we purchased them about the same time and we live in the same area. I called IKON today and the sweet woman who answered my call informed me that, in her opinion, there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which the passes are being mailed out. She told me mine was mailed two days ago, so I should be getting them soon. You could call if you're really concerned, they'll tell you if they've been mailed. As for Killington early season, I wouldn't use my IKON pass now. The early rack rate for the next month or so ( unless we have a killer early season ) is usually much lower a price than the normal season rate. The other thing you can do is get a 2 for 1 deal at Killington for early season ( until Dec 15th ) Just google Killington 2 for 1.

I was kidding more than serious. I don't have any intention of traveling the WROD. ogsmile It was more that ski season is getting close and the pass hasn't arrived. I'm sure it'll show up sometime soon.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got mine a couple of days ago, but I probably won't be using it until January. Then I'll be skiing in Colorado before heading to Taos.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
She did have to resend her picture which may have delayed things.

Yep, we got the Checklist email and had to upload new pictures. I just checked the email and it stated "Action required by 9/16 to receive your season pass by late October." So if she sent it after 9/16 it might be awhile. We haven't received ours yet either but I haven't been too concerned because we know someone that purchased early June and still have not received theirs.

Sponsor