• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not the best picture, but not quite "Jerry of the Day" material...................

Haven't seen our passes yet, but it looks like a substantial package o' stuff. Last year our MAX passes came in an envelope addressed to my wife-until we opened it and found both passes inside, I wondered what happened to mine.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That boarder slowed down to safely yield the right of way to the skiers below him and is facing forward for a safer field of view......Staged.
Staged??? Surely not. ;)

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
it actually looks like and impending collision. The snowboarder needs to have all family members to the right so he wont take them all out on his heel side turn.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
FWIW, I spoke with Ikon, Snowbird and Alta yesterday with a question about whether the LCC days are combo (a la vintage Mountain Collective) or single area (Mountain Collective the last two years). The Ikon guy was clueless, even after checking with his supervisor. Snowbird and Alta both think the days are combo, also after checking with supervisors. For me the question is not trivial. We shall see.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Alta and Snowbird is listed as "AltaSnowbird (UT)" on the Ikon pass site. That usually means we'll get an AltaBird combo access for 7 days under the full pass.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did anybody else notice that on the set of stickers to mark where you've been they say "Stay on the lookout, more mountains are joining the family"? I can't imagine that there would be any additional resorts added to the Ikon Pass for the 2018-2019 season, but hopefully I'm wrong.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
I actually called Ikon a few weeks ago and asked the same question. A supervisor told me definitively that it was an Alta/Bird super ticket.

This is fantastic news since im often stick with single plankers who will surely want to drag me to the Bird

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Just got our Ikon passes and have two questions:

1. I noticed there’s no indication of base or gold on the pass itself. Are they different colors? Only asking because we upgraded from base to full a couple weeks ago after we saw Niseko had been added, since we’re going there over Christmas. So I want to make sure we got the right ones.

2. We got two passes and only one lanyard? Mistake or is that the way they shipped to everyone? If it’s the latter, a little cheap, no?

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Canada Post carriers have given notice of strike action on Monday. Be interesting to see when I get mine now!!

I have yet to receive my pass and so I am also getting worried about a strike. Hell, given Canada Post's normal level of incompetence, I am worried about delivery of the Ikon Pass even if there isn't a strike.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Just got our Ikon passes and have two questions:

2. We got two passes and only one lanyard? Mistake or is that the way they shipped to everyone? If it’s the latter, a little cheap, no?

No mistake. One lanyard per account, even when it includes multiple passes. They meant well, but turned a positive into a head-scratcher.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In the age of RFID passes and most jackets designed with a pass pocket these days, why bother with a lanyard at all? That was my thought on opening the envelope, anyway.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
My hunch is that if you want them, and contact Alterra, they’ll send you at least one more. Agree most people not using a lanyard anymore in days of RFID.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
But what if you're place doesn't have RFID scanners. Tremblant still hand scans theirs. Heaven forbid a union employee would lose a job! But one/account seems dumb. At least you could hang your keys on it!

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I agree. Somebody blew it. Details are important. I would not be shocked if the instructions were one per pass, and those packing them read it as one per package. It's easy to create a good impression, and a bad one. Have a hunch that a few people in Denver may not be pleased that this was not caught before they were mailed. On the flip side, we have dozens of lanyards hanging around our ski house, and If I skied at a place with the scanners I wouldn't be using one of them. Back in the days of picture only passes, I always did.

"Poor form", IMO not to catch this. I seriously doubt if it was a decision to "cheap out." But for an organization that is touting {and will be touting a LOT MORE} that they are all about top flight customer experience, etc., it just looks dumb, and poorly executed.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online