• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The FB release also hints at more to come even though we've made it through the 4 days of expectations.

"Ikon Pass holders can ski and ride Japan’s renowned, deep powder at four ski resorts on one mountain. We are excited to welcome NISEKO UNITED to the Ikon Pass community. Japow!

But, Ikon Pass is known for news. Stay tuned."

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Interesting. Niseko is supposed to be a full MCP partner this season, two days free and half-price after, according to the website; previously it was just two free days.
Ikon/Epic/MCP aren't worth buying just for what they give you in Japan (unless Ikon offers unlimited at a resort I like) but I might opt for one of them if/when I make another N.America trip to ski. MCP has been a good deal for me in the past.

So, just got an e-mail and it's five days Base, seven days Full Ikon, nice lagniappe for a US/Canada trip from here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
got mine, not to bitch (and I'm not) but does Alterra think I'm going to put an iron-on patch on my shell? Until they give me an advertising credit, that ain't gonna happen.

They should pay you extra because when you sell the shell you'll be posting photos with said patch which will multiply its effectiveness.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Then again, the patch may enhance the resale value of the shell!

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hopefully they printed the map with the cute stickers to show where you've been before the add-on resorts, because there are missing ones I'm kinda counting on... like TAOS!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My biggest question of all time regarding ski area advertisement - Why do they put such bad skiers on their photos and posters?

What are these guys doing? Squirrel hunting with their ski poles?

Ikon Pass Poster.jpg

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
Address: 1621 18th St Denver, CO 80202

You can send your stickers back to Alterra at the address above to show them what you think of the industries consolidation. That's what I'll be doing if my Winter Park only pass comes with any IKON branded crap.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have no issue with Altera other than the crappy skiers they have on their poster.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Address: 1621 18th St Denver, CO 80202

You can send your stickers back to Alterra at the address above to show them what you think of the industries consolidation. That's what I'll be doing if my Winter Park only pass comes with any IKON branded crap.

I find it interesting (puzzling) that someone would be supportive of Alterra by purchasing an IKON pass yet at the same time strongly disagree with what Alterra stands for.

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
I find it interesting (puzzling) that someone would be supportive of Alterra by purchasing an IKON pass yet at the same time strongly disagree with what Alterra stands for.

With consolidation what is a guy to do? The choice they gave me was spend an extra two hours in the car every day, bow down to the IKON brand, or not ski this year.

My lease has me tied to Winter Park until next summer so I can not move until then so I bought a WP only pass and TWO independent mountain season passes to help spread my dollars around. Ended up more on the 3 passes than a full IKON pass but feel much better about my choice and using my $ to vote, and honestly I ended up with a better mix of destinations for my skiing preferences than what IKON offers.

So yes I caved, but only partially, and I went kicking and screaming the whole way.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Uhhh
Like the mountain but don’t like the owners and own property at the mountain

Uhhh, well there are 480 mountains to choose from and lots of properties for sale...You are in control of your destiny! Someone here just bought a nice condo at Magic - not part of the consolidation game (for now :eek:).

Perhaps you can even make out well financially by selling your current property on the back of the new ownership :)

Sponsor

Staff online