• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bought ours for the family last night. 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 toddler. @Wade I sympathize with you and yours!

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Still debating on this vs. Epic. The deadline today has to do with just the kids add-on passes, right? Anyone know if other features/prices etc change tomorrow for the Ikon other than the kid's pass?

CrystalRose

Putting on skis
Skier
Still debating on this vs. Epic. The deadline today has to do with just the kids add-on passes, right? Anyone know if other features/prices etc change tomorrow for the Ikon other than the kid's pass?

Everything I keep seeing says that the Adult tickets will increase 5/1. I'm not sure if that means 4/30 is the last day to get this price or if 5/1 is, but I wouldn't wait pass 4/30 if it were me. Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken...

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Exchange rate today is pretty good for Canadian's hoping to buy it. It's the lowest I've seen yet.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From the Ikon FAQ:

• Ikon Base Pass: 8 Friends & Family lift tickets offering 25% off the window rate at all Ikon Pass destinations, with blackout dates, not applicable on Child or 4 & Under Passes*
  • *Friends and Family discount lift tickets are offered with the Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass and are intended for guests of the pass holder. Friend and Family benefits are not eligible for use by the pass holder after all access days have been used or on blackout days.
But.....
Can I buy 25% discounted days for you, and you buy 25% discounted days for me?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Exchange rate today is pretty good for Canadian's hoping to buy it. It's the lowest I've seen yet.

^^^:huh:

With a Canadian dollar worth $0.79 US, I would say it is NOT great for Canadians buying a US pass or traveling to the USA.

5 or 6 years ago when the CDN $ was at par with the US $ was a very good time to buy US $, which is what I did and it makes travel to the US a lot easier.. 8 years ago when the CDN $ was worth more than the US $ is when I bought my custom, made in the USA truck camper.:yahoo:

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
"LAST CHANCE TO SAVE ON IKON PASSES
Buy your Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass before May 1 to save $100 USD."

Though technically, you save more money by not buying it. :eek:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From the Ikon FAQ:

• Ikon Base Pass: 8 Friends & Family lift tickets offering 25% off the window rate at all Ikon Pass destinations, with blackout dates, not applicable on Child or 4 & Under Passes*
  • *Friends and Family discount lift tickets are offered with the Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass and are intended for guests of the pass holder. Friend and Family benefits are not eligible for use by the pass holder after all access days have been used or on blackout days.
But.....
Can I buy 25% discounted days for you, and you buy 25% discounted days for me?

Yeah, good question. Will they require I.D. from said F&F and check that your friend or family member is not an IKON member at purchase time?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec

With a Canadian dollar worth $0.79 US, I would say it is NOT great for Canadians buying a US pass or traveling to the USA.

5 or 6 years ago when the CDN $ was at par with the US $ was a very good time to buy US $, which is what I did and it makes travel to the US a lot easier.. 8 years ago when the CDN $ was worth more than the US $ is when I bought my custom, made in the USA truck camper.:yahoo:

But when you can save $245 over last years pass.....Visa made that $599 to $790. Still better than $1035 last year. So I don't get a free ski lesson. When I called this year, they couldn't take me anyways.

Vince Faro

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Bought ours last night. I was all about the MC , but we are going to ski DV next season and , decided to go for the epic pass.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
the $100 price bump so early seems pretty aggressive. Makes it seem that perhaps $599 is a launch year only thing.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier

I'm still allowed to nickel and dime! The Ikon base is worth it for me because as Jilly has posted, it saves a lot of money at Tremblant, plus I've got the flexibility to go elsewhere as my wife goes to conferences all over North America.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Went to Mammoth last week, they were very efficient & issued us ”direct to lift “ passes for the remainder of the season.
714FBFC4-8F68-4CC3-8E81-88BE4ABC90FF.jpeg

Skiing was great with no crowds
503E73E7-D149-4F57-BE86-D66E79D24108.jpeg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Still on the fence re Base v Full. Likely window of use over Xmas/NY so the blackout kinda influences things - though $300 of influence is a lot. Few hours left

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One of the other things that I like about the IKON pass, summer access. Granted, you have to get bike specific pass for bike transport, but still.
Epic requires that you buy a separate summer pass for summer activities.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 9.30.52 AM.png

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Did you have to get it at done at main lodge
Or were they able to handle it at Stump
Good question. We didn't even try at Stump, went directly to main lodge. Parked in the 15 minute loading zone, went in got passes and then drove back to Stump Alley parking.

Sponsor

Staff online