• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wait... Is Snowbasin now on the Ikon???
No, its on the Mountain Collective.
I think people are getting some confusion based on so many of the MC resorts being included on the IKON pass.

fasteddie

Down the hill with speed pls! Love Italian Beefs!
Skier
Hmmmm. Got Epic....wondering if BASE icon pass as well because all my snobbie Squaw friends give me crap re Flatstar!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmmm. Got Epic....wondering if BASE icon pass as well because all my snobbie Squaw friends give me crap re Flatstar!!
For the price, it’s easy to get the value out of both

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Uggh. Can you promise a killer winter out west next year!,,,

I chose the Ikon Base Pass based on having skied Steamboat, Winter Park, and Copper a couple of seasons ago and wanting to ski them again. And while I don't know if Colorado will be "killer" next year, I am betting that they won't have two poor snow years in a row.:crossfingers:

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Does anyone know if/when the Ikon pass price will be going up on the Adult and teen passes? I realize the child discount goes away on April 9th.

The problem I have is I am having my ankle fused on April 13th and I'm leery of committing to purchasing next year's passes before the surgery in case there is a complication. It's not like we live out West to where my family would be skiing even if I'm unable. There is a lot of logistics that go into us driving out West from Florida for 8 weeks so either my ankle is good enough and we all go play or we stay home if I have a complication and can't ski for some reason.

I'm thinking I'll roll the dice and get at least one adult and my child's discounted one and then hopefully have time to see how my recovery is going before buying the other adult and teen pass. Have they given a date when those passes will go up in price?

Thanks so much!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does anyone know if/when the Ikon pass price will be going up on the Adult and teen passes? I realize the child discount goes away on April 9th.

The problem I have is I am having my ankle fused on April 13th and I'm leery of committing to purchasing next year's passes before the surgery in case there is a complication. It's not like we live out West to where my family would be skiing even if I'm unable. There is a lot of logistics that go into us driving out West from Florida for 8 weeks so either my ankle is good enough and we all go play or we stay home if I have a complication and can't ski for some reason.

I'm thinking I'll roll the dice and get at least one adult and my child's discounted one and then hopefully have time to see how my recovery is going before buying the other adult and teen pass. Have they given a date when those passes will go up in price?

Thanks so much!
My guess is the Adult pass is also going up on the 9th. As far as to the amount? I would venture to say $50-100.00

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Thanks so much!

Why not phone the Ikon Pass office tell them your situation and see what they say?

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was talking to Mammoth Guest Services and they said:
No, the child pass add-on promotion will be discontinued after the 9th. Then, all pass prices will increase after the 30th of April.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

Thanks so much!
I'm pretty sure they offer an insurance option for a reasonable add on price.

CrystalRose

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm pretty sure they offer an insurance option for a reasonable add on price.

When I bought mine last week there was an insurance option for another ~$35 (I don't really remember). I read the fine print and hospitalization was on there but I don't know if/how they honor it. "Oh, sorry sir, see it was a quarter moon on the day of your surgery so we don't cover that":rolleyes:

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was talking to Mammoth Guest Services and they said:
No, the child pass add-on promotion will be discontinued after the 9th. Then, all pass prices will increase after the 30th of April.

I bought my pass at an Ikon tent at WP a couple of weeks ago. The rep said exactly the same thing.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just bought passes for me, my wife and my son. My daughter won't turn 6 until the end of next ski season, and everywhere we're planning to ski next season has 5 year olds either skiing for free or $10, so it didn't seem worth it to pick up a child pass for her. Plus she'll probably spend a bunch of time in ski school for which the lift ticket is generally included.

I didn't really enjoy hitting the submit order button to drop $2K on something I won't be using for 7 months or so, but given the pass structure and price, it was a no brainer for my family. Based on the skiing we're planning to do next year, I estimated it would have cost us $4K had we gone with Mountain Collective passes, and around $6K if we had just bought discounted tickets online during the season. I'm also hoping the fact that we now have plenty of "free" skiing in VT will facilitate a few more weekend trips and bump our ski days up a little from this year.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got 17 days on my MAX pass this year (and we may add a couple more in NE if the weather holds out.) Worked out to $37.00 a day- a no brainer if you use it. We got sticker shock at Steamboat when we saw the walk up rate for 5/7 days was $875.00!

Reactions: RJS

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pulled the trigger for myself and my wife. I guess we're ikonic now.

aerojack

Putting on skis
Skier

Thanks so much!

Just pulled the trigger on ours this week. Indeed there is an insurance option. $36 for adult, $9 for 5-12. Seems like that is perfect for your situation.

Reactions: RJS

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Insurance doesn't cover preexisting issues and even if it would cover me, it wouldn't cover the rest of the family and they wouldn't drive out to Colorado if I'm not able to ski. I guess I'll take the risk as I can always ski on my good leg even if this one isn't doing so hot as I did several runs with one ski this past year just to make sure I could at least ski blues with the family. Nothing compares to the Ikon deal so I just can't pass it up. I skied 44 days out of the 53 we were in Colorado this year and it would have cost me a fortune without the RMSP+ so it won't take much to make the Ikon worth it.

That's great that I can wait until the end of April to get the other 2 passes as that will at least give me a bit of time for the Dr to go in and get a good feel if the surgery appears to be successful.

Thanks!

aerojack

Putting on skis
Skier
Insurance doesn't cover preexisting issues and even if it would cover me, it wouldn't cover the rest of the family and they wouldn't drive out to Colorado if I'm not able to ski. I guess I'll take the risk as I can always ski on my good leg even if this one isn't doing so hot as I did several runs with one ski this past year just to make sure I could at least ski blues with the family. Nothing compares to the Ikon deal so I just can't pass it up. I skied 44 days out of the 53 we were in Colorado this year and it would have cost me a fortune without the RMSP+ so it won't take much to make the Ikon worth it.

That's great that I can wait until the end of April to get the other 2 passes as that will at least give me a bit of time for the Dr to go in and get a good feel if the surgery appears to be successful.

Thanks!

SEASON PASS CANCELLATION
We will reimburse You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, for the cost of the Covered Season Pass, less any refunds received, which You purchased for the Season Pass Coverage Period, when You cancel the Season Pass prior to the start of the Season Pass Coverage Period for one of the following Unforeseen reasons:
1. Your or a Family Member’s death, that occurs before the Season Pass Coverage Period;
2. Your or a Family Member’s, covered Sickness or Injury, that: a) occurs before the Season Pass Coverage Period; b)
requires Medical Treatment at the time of cancellation; and c) as certified by a Physician, results in medical restrictions so
disabling as to cause the Season Pass to be cancelled; or

It seems it covers the family if only one person gets an injury, but you’re right - it states “covered injury” and notes pre-existing conditions as excluded in the terms.

Sponsor