• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Sweet! I have already mapped out our 9 week, 5 state + Canada family ski trip and was hoping they wouldn't jack the Ikon pass this year. Buying ours ASAP and will try to get in another trip in April. A repeat of this winter's snowfall would be appreciated!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I believe the last day of better pricing is April 23. We are in.

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Big billboard ad by the side of the 405 near LAX for the Icon pass. Saw it last night driving home. Skiing is going mainstream thanks to Icon!

Eric

I saw an ikon billboard somewhere, maybe Boston. Last year some of our friends didn't know about the pass until we told them so some non targeted advertising might be a good idea for ikon. The northeast didn't seem to get much of the anti ikon sentiment other regions experienced. There were some snarky regulars at sugarbush but it's always been that way!

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big billboard ad by the side of the 405 near LAX for the Icon pass. Saw it last night driving home. Skiing is going mainstream thanks to Icon!

Eric

Edit: I shouldn't be a troublemaker.....

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
I believe the last day of better pricing is April 24. We are in.

I'd be care careful here. I think the ad says prices RISE on the 24th.

The countdown on the IKON clock (on the web site) shows 36 hours left +/- as of the time of this post.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Eric

I saw an ikon billboard somewhere, maybe Boston. Last year some of our friends didn't know about the pass until we told them so some non targeted advertising might be a good idea for ikon. The northeast didn't seem to get much of the anti ikon sentiment other regions experienced. There were some snarky regulars at sugarbush but it's always been that way!
I'd be care careful here. I think the ad says prices RISE on the 24th.

The countdown on the IKON clock (on the web site) shows 36 hours left +/- as of the time of this post.

Thanks, good point. I meant to edit my post.

NESkier_26

Putting on skis
Skier
Bought my pass yesterday. High likelihood of three western trips next season, plus I get five free days at my home mountain, Sunday River. And with the base Ikon Pass so much cheaper than a Sunday River Gold Pass, this was an easy decision to make.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
NESkier,

Were you at SR last weekend, any info on how this weekends snow pack/coverage might be?

I am planning to get the Ikon base pass as well.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like the young adult option. Last year we had to pay the full adult rate for my daughter because she was 18 already but still in high school and not yet enrolled in college (because it was early March).

bit late to note this now and maybe you tried but I had issue previous year with the RMSP+ and kid in college but not at time purchased. Called on phone and they simply said call back and they'd adjust once enrollment occurred.

But I agree that their having a "young adult" option up to 22 is a nicer solution.

Ended up biting and getting IKON but just about boycotted mine and spouses as for our limited location, we'd break even .. but not have to pay ahead. Oh well, now that we're knee deep it may force us to do an extra trip to get ahead cut the per day cost.

Last edited:

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
I'm having trouble deciding....

I've had too much bad luck lately.

But if I can actually make my Deer Valley trip, the base pays for itself.

I don't think there's ever any real discounts for DV for 3-4 days.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm having trouble deciding....

I've had too much bad luck lately.

But if I can actually make my Deer Valley trip, the base pays for itself.

I don't think there's ever any real discounts for DV for 3-4 days.

do it .. do it .. hahahhahah

only did it today due to last day to save $100 .. so with 4 in family (I skipped one who might not be able to make it) it's a big driver ...

I think Costco last year had a later deal .. maybe not on the base pass which is what I bit on.

Gerard

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is this the last chance for the payment plan?
I think so. i got this quote from thier website.

Is there a payment plan for 19/20 Ikon Passes?

Yes. A payment plan is offered on pass purchases made through April 23, 2019 in US dollars only. Pass holders may select the payment plan option in the checkout process. Pass holders pay a $199 USD non-refundable deposit and pass insurance premium (if applicable) at checkout, and the balance in four equal payments from June to September, 2019. Payments charged to the credit card provided at time of checkout, and will be charged on or about the first day of each month. Terms and conditions apply.

Sponsor

Staff online