• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Also note
On the base pass steamboat is 5days, and on the full pass it is unlimited. This confused me a bit to find what was missing between base and full. Not sure if that was the same as last year.
MSRP price is higher but renewal discount is also higher...Must be pushing to retain passholders for next season.

Last edited:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It will be interesting to see if people buy the JH/Aspen add on. I am assuming that those two resorts wanted more money to stay on the pass. Will this change the pugski gathering line up?

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting, only a $250 delta between base and full for renewals. Not totally surprised at an attempt to narrow it. i dont know about other resorts but at Squaw I have seen significant downturns in business on blackout dates which hits F&B, retail etc, yet you still need to staff up in case the demand increases

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
They added a new option too, a "4 day session" pass.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
It will be interesting to see if people buy the JH/Aspen add on. I am assuming that those two resorts wanted more money to stay on the pass. Will this change the pugski gathering line up?
I recall a comment that the initial sign on was two years. JHMR clearly renegotiated some of their terms, probably with a threat to join Telluride on Epic.

Aspen is probably figuring they can milk a few extra $$ out of the Denver market, and possibly avoid crowding issues. They have said Ikon Pass use is up. Boy howdy, I bet a few folks may burn some Aspen days this Spring too and avoid the upcharge for next season.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
Pricing is too rich for my wallet. What Copper does with their own season pass will be interesting.

Loveland, ABasin, Keystone Plus, or Epic Summit Value offer variety and more value for just skiing the Front Range of CO

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
For the Northeast:

Epic Local—Stowe, Okemo, Mt Snow, Mt Sunapee, Wildcat, Attitash, Hunter

Ikon Base—Tremblant, Sugarbush, Stratton and days at Killington, Loon, SR, SL

Those are both good passes at great prices. Sugarbush might see some crowds next season though

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I assume the renewal rate for the top pass holds if you only have base pass this year. Unfortunately I will not be going out west this year, but will still have 15 days in Vt for $600 on the base pass. Last year I got 14 days in Vt, 5 at Alta/Bird, and 1 at Deer Valley on the base pass. Pretty good value IMO,

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
For the Northeast:

Epic Local—Stowe, Okemo, Mt Snow, Mt Sunapee, Wildcat, Attitash, Hunter

Ikon Base—Tremblant, Sugarbush, Stratton and days at Killington, Loon, SR, SL

Those are both good passes at great prices. Sugarbush might see some crowds next season though

Killington/Pico have combined days on the Ikon base as well

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sugarbush is now unlimited with blackouts on the Base. Happy and sad at the same time. I expect crowds to be way up.

The Aspen add-on is a bit annoying, as I'm planning to go to the 2021 Gathering, but it's still a lot less than what I'd pay for 5 days without the Ikon pass. I'll be renewing.

Sponsor

Staff online