• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
122A334D-FB24-4538-87ED-820531626999.jpeg

Just got this in today's mail. I'm going to slap that sticker on my helmet, sew that patch on my waterproof Arc'Teryx shell, and hang both the pass and the key chain on a lanyard around my neck.

Then I'll be all set to jump in the tram line at Jackson Hole the upcoming second week of December.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 80564

Just got this in today's mail. I'm going to slap that sticker on my helmet, sew that patch on my waterproof Arc'Teryx shell, and hang both the pass and the key chain on a lanyard around my neck.

Then I'll be all set to jump in the tram line at Jackson Hole the upcoming second week of December.

Yeah. @Ron and I were saying exactly the same thing on FB today.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
They should offer a special "sheepish" package.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
In an example of transcontinental bias I get none of this crap but I'd be totally up for some provocative Ikon stickers just to flaunt at " check your entitlement" assholes in JH, Deer Valley, Aspen, wherever while they attempt to make a case about why people like me have "ruined" "their" resort.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
In an example of transcontinental bias I get none of this crap but I'd be totally up for some provocative Ikon stickers just to flaunt at " check your entitlement" assholes in JH, Deer Valley, Aspen, wherever while they attempt to make a case about why people like me have "ruined" "their" resort.

:roflmao:

Touchė

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Interesting further fact - if you like sticker cut and shuts you can plausibly make IKON spell DIKZ

And Squaw Valley AlpineMeadows spell Weaponised Lam.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I have a sense that you could carry this off a lot better than I could.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Strangely, the pass does not have a year on it! Fortunately it is a different color from last years.
But just in case I suddenly become color blind, I wrote 18-19 on last year's.

TS
cosmoliu

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmm- I don't get why they issued new passes. I thought maybe I got one because I downgraded from the full pass to the limited pass.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
Hmm- I don't get why they issued new passes. I thought maybe I got one because I downgraded from the full pass to the limited pass.

I was puzzled by that too, especially since I got the same pass as last year. Maybe it was for the opportunity to send bling...
I'm indifferent to the extras in the package, but my 8yo son had a good time with the stickers.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll probably put the stickers on the fridge in the garage. I don't know if I'm brave enough to put them on my truck or ski box. I drove around for years with a "I don't care how you do it in California" sticker on my bumper while skiing at N* and traveling into CA fairly frequently. IKON at ABasin or DV would be a whole different level of poking the bear.

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What bothers me most is none of that crap is recyclable. its a total waste. Ikon can keep it and discount my pass by $5.00.
Yeah, seems a little contrary to their partnership with Protect Our Winters.

On the one hand, a season of lift tides undoubtably uses way more resources that a few patches and stickers. On the other hand, most of this extra stuff is just totally unnecessary for me. It would be great to have a “just the pass” option when paying, even if it just donated the cost of shipping and manufacturing to a good cause.

Last edited:

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, seems a little contrary to their partnership with Protect Our Winters.

On the one hand, a season of lift tides undoubtably uses way more resources that a few patches and stickers. On the other hand, most of this extra stuff is just totally unnecessary for me. It would be great to have a “just the pass” option when paying, even if it just donated the cost of shipping and manufacturing to a good cause.

Indeed. I want a “just the pass” option where I don’t get a new pass shipped to me, never mind all the other stuff.

Sponsor

Staff online