• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ikon/Alterra 20/21 COVID Operations Plan?

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I picked 1 home mountain but I'm now serious thinking of skipping skiing with IKON next year and going to just buy from other resources. I live in So Cal and I really believe resorts like Mammoth will shut down after Xmas holidays due to Covid spreading there

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for the cliff notes...I was looking for that thread and couldn’t find it. Now the wrinkle. Our son goes to CU Boulder, Should we preference Eldora for him or stick with Alpine/resort to be named later?
If we're just going with the logic that this option is to help a pasholder feel better and make up for a trip falling through, and not about optimizing an investment then:
Who's paid for his pass? If its you, then you should preference your family trip. If he paid for the pass himself, and his ski plans were to treat eldora as his home mtn, then he should pick eldora to help ease the pain should his plans get ruined and then he gets his money credited.

Last edited:
TS
Chickenmonkey

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If we're just going with the logic that this option is to help a pasholder feel better and make up for a trip falling through, and not about optimizing an investment then:
Who's paid for his pass? If its you, then you should preference your family trip. If he paid for the pass himself, and his ski plans were to treat eldora as his home mtn, then he should pick eldora to help ease the pain should his plans get ruined and then he gets his money credited.

Just home mountain trips. My son says he will be more bummed to miss skiing at CU than at home with his family. LOL. Good thing I am not fragile. Thanks everyone.

Sponsor

Staff online