• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bushpilot

Up Booting
Skier
does anyone have an idea of the best place to buy the ikon pass? I know Costco sold it for a 200 dollar discount but wasn’t that after the price went up? Also I just got an email from ski.com that said if I buy from them they will give me free trip planning and travel concierge service plus others things may be coming that they hinted at. Will other places be offering perks to buy with them rather than directly from ikon?

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
It will be interesting to see if they do that deal again. I sent them a less than friendly note when they did that one after they advertised "lowest price of the year" on their site when I bought it. They were very apologetic and it seemed like mine might have been far from the only comment they got on that. I have no issues with the deals except when they advertise that a price will not be lower and then it is.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
does anyone have an idea of the best place to buy the ikon pass? I know Costco sold it for a 200 dollar discount but wasn’t that after the price went up? Also I just got an email from ski.com that said if I buy from them they will give me free trip planning and travel concierge service plus others things may be coming that they hinted at. Will other places be offering perks to buy with them rather than directly from ikon?

Seems like Ski.com's "additional benefit" is just the ability to buy a cheaper kid's pass.

TS
bushpilot

bushpilot

Up Booting
Skier
Seems like Ski.com's "additional benefit" is just the ability to buy a cheaper kid's pass.

What they are offering is access to their concierge service. This is supposed to help you plan trips better but they don't mention if there is a savings on the travel.

TS
bushpilot

bushpilot

Up Booting
Skier
Here is the info from the ski.com site:

WHY BUY WITH SKI.COM?
Purchase your 2019-20 Ikon Pass through Ski.com and receive the following exclusive benefits:

• $30 discount to any current Ikon Pass holder
  • Access to Ski.com’s Ikon Pass Concierge services, which include: expert advice on how to maximize your Ikon Pass, free ski-trip planning and booking services to Ikon Pass destinations, customized and curated itineraries for multi-destination Ikon Pass adventures
  • Exclusive access to soon to-be-announced Ski.com Ikon Itineraries

Did someone say soon to-be-announced ikon itineraries?

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
Here is the info from the ski.com site:

WHY BUY WITH SKI.COM?
Purchase your 2019-20 Ikon Pass through Ski.com and receive the following exclusive benefits:

• $30 discount to any current Ikon Pass holder
  • Access to Ski.com’s Ikon Pass Concierge services, which include: expert advice on how to maximize your Ikon Pass, free ski-trip planning and booking services to Ikon Pass destinations, customized and curated itineraries for multi-destination Ikon Pass adventures
  • Exclusive access to soon to-be-announced Ski.com Ikon Itineraries

Did someone say soon to-be-announced ikon itineraries?

I genuinely doubt they can/are offering anything more than what people could get directly.

I've used ski.com a few times in the past the past to book foreign ski trips and they were ok.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Agree, my gut thought is if you bought directly from Ikonpass.com, and go to ski.com they're still going to be willing to take your money and treat you the same as you bought it from them. Especially if you deal on the phone, and drive a hard bargain on pricing; they'll click that mouse around for you if it seems they'll lose the sale.
As far as exclusive Ikonpass only itineraries, the heart of those deals, typically are available from each partner resort anyway who give you the bundlepackage or seasonpass rate on lodging, but without having to buy the bundle; If you bought outside of ski.com, I don't think they're going to turn you away from the best promotions they have available if it means losing $$$$ of sales.

That being said, if you know exactly what you want, and think you might use ski.com's services, why not buy from ski.com at exactly the same price; to get the option for those benefits even if valueless?

On the flipside, if you think perhaps you'll need to adjust your passes over the summer (e.g. buying base pass but then fee upgrade to full pass) it maybe safer to buy direct from the source and cut out middlemen who might mess it up.

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
On the flipside, if you think perhaps you'll need to adjust your passes over the summer (e.g. buying base pass but then fee upgrade to full pass) it maybe safer to buy direct from the source and cut out middlemen who might mess it up.

Yup. If you're having a smooth travel experience, it doesn't matter if middlemen are involved.

But if there's a risk of something going wrong, it only gets worse trying to fix things if there was an intermediary.

Granted this may not be exact same comparable as booking a flight directly vs. through an OTA, but if ski.com is not offering any real thick value, why reward them? Assuming one likes IKON and wants them to prosper, why cut their margins by involving another agency?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
i agree. you should value your lead and contaxr info at around $20. if they arent throwing in at least $20 liftopia or amazon gift certificate for your info cut them out.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just ordered ours today. Remember, if you're a returning IKON user you get a $30 discount ($619 for base pass instead of $649) if you buy before the end of April.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Given their competition, I’m surprised Ikon doesn’t offer Epic pass holders a discount to draw Epic skiers to purchase Ikon passes and vice versa.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
C’mon, that’ll get you a hot chocolate and a danish at Aspen.
Or Deer Valley. After all, DV is on IKON now, or so I've heard.:roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online