• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be?

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
If I were to get another tattoo, it would be of an Aspen branch with two green leaves and one falling gold leaf along my anterior shoulder/collarbone area. There is a bit of symbolism to this and quite related to whoever said that not all scars are on the exterior. And honestly I don't really give a fuck if it looks bad as I age or if I have to have surgery and it gets damaged. My tattoos are for me and not for others, they are physical representations of things I feel on the inside. As I age they will age too, and they will be all the more special to me because they will be a reminder of the place I was in my life at the time I got them.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If I were to get another tattoo, it would be of an Aspen branch with two green leaves and one falling gold leaf along my anterior shoulder/collarbone area. There is a bit of symbolism to this and quite related to whoever said that not all scars are on the exterior. And honestly I don't really give a fuck if it looks bad as I age or if I have to have surgery and it gets damaged. My tattoos are for me and not for others, they are physical representations of things I feel on the inside. As I age they will age too, and they will be all the more special to me because they will be a reminder of the place I was in my life at the time I got them.
:micdrop:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

the tattoo shop??? :)

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
I hate tattoos. The human body and skin is beautiful as is.

Clothes are bad enough but you can change them with styles, your attitude or physical changes. Tattoos are forever. Or really expensive to remove. With side effects going in or on removal.

That butterfly turns into a 747 with aging. The barbed wire morphs into a fuzzy great wall of china. Who remembers those ancient things or clever Asian saying?

Don't do it!

Eric

Last time I posted, the thread was closed. Somehow my book review was too controversial. I hope my art critique isn't too abrasive.

But if it stops one tattoo...!
I figure the butterfly tramp stamp the SIL got at 18 probably looks like a road kill blue jay by now. Dont really want to find out though. :eek:

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I have a story not suitable for a public forum of our ever so high standards involving a birth date tramp stamp.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tattoo? I can't even decide which ski stickers to put on my car bumper.:wave:

Maybe something like this:
grateful-dead-shirt-t-shirt-1991-downhill-skiing-skeleton-ski-tee-gdm-large-l-91032a66fbb035462f4ce7aded9f284f.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Funny i was having brunch with my family today and the topic came up about getting a tattoo. Several of us already have them but my sister and brother are getting their first ones.

I'm getting a ski related one. Maybe a pair of skis on the inside of my arm.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've decided I'm getting another tattoo for my birthday this September. I'd like a pair of skis with perhaps a mountain between them. I'd like said tattoo on the inside of my right arm between my wrist and elbow. Looking for designs ideas now.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
One of my nephews had a tattoo made of some snowboard art I did.
Jeff hot rod.jpg

Just curious, what do tattoo artist charge to come up with a design?

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
You can tell how many times a sailor has been drunk on liberty by the number of tattoos they have.

Best sea story I heard about tattoos was about a sailor waking up the day after the night before. He couldn't remember a thing about that fateful night but for some reason his back itched. He checked a mirror and saw spread across his shoulder blades (corrected for mirror image)

Made In Japan

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not a tattoo guy but my girlfriend has one on her ankle. She asked me what I'd get if I ever got one. The only thing I was sure of was that it would be skiing related. After thinking about it for a while I decided that the only thing I could imagine was the Alta logo on my calf.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3717.JPG
My wife and I both have these on our left shoulder blade. Hers is in pink and mine black. I also have both my daughters names on my left bicep. The wife and I are planning another joint tattoo as well.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I had a beard once and when I got tired of it I shaved it off...So the permanence of a tattoo makes it a non starter.

Also not all tattoos are ugly, just most of them. And stunningly attractive art usually looks better on canvas.

Sponsor