• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be?

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not a tattoo guy, but whenever I walk by a tattoo shop I wonder what I would get.

...for me probably "Rat Fink" or a Breckenridge logo.

Rat_Fink.jpg

breckenridge_logo.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've a rose with a dolphin on my right upper shoulder blade. I've always wanted another and would likely be on my lower back or ankle. Lower back would be some kind of cool colorful pattern. One on my ankle would be a band of some kind.

Last edited:

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If I manage to ski the Grand Teton I might get one of that. I have skied Mt. Moran, and think that might be a good one.

Another one I think about sometimes is getting the kanji symbols for mountains, rivers, deserts, forests, sky, and ocean up and down in two columns on my back and the one for flow in the middle between the two columns.

山、川、森林、砂漠、海、空,

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
There are only a few, very special situations where I could rationalize permanent ink. If I ever skied, skated, played, etc in an actual Olympic event I'd probably get the rings. We lost our first child at birth but carried on to be blessed with two wonderful additional healthy children. If I were to lose one of them before they have the opportunity to finish maturing and have a family of their own I'd consider a tat of their name, DOB, and DOD. Hard core military service would probably also be worth marking to me. Dig those WW2, Korea, and Vietnam veteran tattoos.

It's your body, and I actually think most things folks do in that regard are pretty cool and some are outright amazing.. Just not my thing personally but if you're sure you want to go for it!!:golfclap:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Never been tempted for a second, even in my drunkest GI moments when I'd sit there watching friends get one. If it works for you, fine, but I can't imagine wanting one myself. Also figure my liver has enough to handle as it is without needing to metabolize ink. :nono:

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, I'm not getting one ...just imagining if I did what it would be.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Tried to post a blank screen, but the site wouldn't let me, because like @UGASkiDawg I can't imagine ever getting one. I do find some ov the quite fascinating.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've a rose with a dolphin on my right upper shoulder blade. I've always wanted another and would likely be on my lower back or ankle. Lower back would be some kind of cool colorful pattern. One on my ankle would be a band of some kind.
Please don't get a tramp stamp. :(

@RachelV has a small snowflake on her ankle. That's kind of cool. @DeAnn Sloan had a cool idea about a water droplet morphing into a snowflake.
:eek: Oh that's not cool ... well it is, but it's not. I'd hope it's a teeny-tiny snowflake.

I have 2. My favorite is this one on the inside of my lower leg.

View attachment 26765
:decisions:and she'll never show us the second one.:drool: :nono:

:duck:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Friend of mine made a good point. No one's skin is that great looking when you get old enough. Screw it.

I spent about a decade pondering before getting a tattoo on my shoulder blade - it's the same as the tattoo on the bellies of the monk class in EverQuest. Lots of meaning to me - my martial arts experience, so much time and energy in the game as a member of an Uberguild, and the place I met my husband. Also a chapter closed in my life. I can't bring myself to play a game anymore if it's more demanding than solitaire. It's pretty small, and I wish I'd gotten it bigger.

One on my forearm of a bird. To me it represents a reminder to be kind to myself and others. Better than my original intent to get "Bodhichitta" in big block letters down my forearm, although I'm fascinated by the big block letters on Mike Doughty 's arms.

I had an idea I talked about with my tattoo guy, big snowflakes down my back, but I'm not sure I want any more tattoos. Or maybe I just go through phases.

In another life, maybe I'd want to get full sleeves. They look amazing, but are definitely less acceptable/common for women than for men.And I don't know what I'd want to document that way. But I find them beautiful and fascinating, especially when you start talking to someone and learn the stories.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
One of the guys i used to work with has full sleeves on both arms. For the first couple years we worked together he always wore long sleeved shirts. Then after he felt more comfortable he'd wear short sleeved shirts. The work is STUNNING. He has several doctorates, owns several patents and is the anti corporate type. I love it.

The lead singer from the rock band Buckcherry has his entire upper body tatted with some great work.

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There are some bad ones out there!
IMG_3572.JPG

At least with this one the guy can let his hair grow to hide it.

IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online