• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'd like company when I get another one. Someone to talk to and distract me :)

Ah! For my shoulder blade, there was a South Park episode and a pretty regular "You okay? Do you need a break?" For the forearm, I was completely absorbed in watching the whole process!

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I have enough scars Life has "tattooed" on my body (nothing dramatic "a la" Platoon or such things, still more than enough), so I do not think I will ever get a tattoo but, if I'll ever get permission from my docs, then the Kanji symbol for snow ("Yuki") might be my preferred choice . (This was the handle and original tattoo of a passed away member of Epicski whom I did not know had, in fact, passed away. I discovered that during the final days of Epic, from a post made by @Tricia...I never met the guy, but I remember with pleasure reading his posts.).
Mohawk? Been there done that in my teens (after seeing a b&w picture of a couple of 101st paratroopers getting ready for d-day)

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you know of someone who actually has an epicski tattoo?

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well other than this guy ...
Rambo Gaper.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I have enough scars Life has "tattooed" on my body (nothing dramatic "a la" Platoon or such things, still more than enough), so I do not think I will ever get a tattoo but, if I'll ever get permission from my docs, then the Kanji symbol for snow ("Yuki") might be my preferred choice . (This was the handle and original tattoo of a passed away member of Epicski whom I did not know had, in fact, passed away.

Dang. R.I. P. Ed. I knew he had medical problems and saw he dropped off Facebook about a year ago.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have enough scars Life has "tattooed" on my body (nothing dramatic "a la" Platoon or such things, still more than enough), so I do not think I will ever get a tattoo but, if I'll ever get permission from my docs, then the Kanji symbol for snow ("Yuki") might be my preferred choice . (This was the handle and original tattoo of a passed away member of Epicski whom I did not know had, in fact, passed away. I discovered that during the final days of Epic, from a post made by @Tricia...I never met the guy, but I remember with pleasure reading his posts.).
Mohawk? Been there done that in my teens (after seeing a b&w picture of a couple of 101st paratroopers getting ready for d-day)
Thread drift:
:(
Yuki had reached out to me in a private message during the "Staffing Changes" period of Epic. Sadly, he passed just a few days before we launched this site.(11/8/2015)
He hadn't been active on EpicSki much in the past few years, but he kept in touch with a few of us either on Facebook, or in PM's. I'm not sure if he'd have joined here, but I'd like to think that Pugski would have revitalized his joy of skiing.
I like this old picture of him with a couple pair of vintage skis
(he loved his Corvettes and his skis.)
1920989_10201580583621874_804580394_o.jpg

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I don't "get" the tattoo thing, especially some of the creepier looking ones, but there are some beautiful works of art out there. I've slowly evolved past my prejudice over time and just accept I don't understand. However, try to put them where you don't need surgery...they are really hard to line up properly when sewing the skin back together:(.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
My niece's BF is about to open about a half dozen high end Laser tattoo removal facilities. Overseas. The demand is growing and it's underserved at they high end, according to their research. Both his, and the investors, have really dug into this. Sounds logical to me. He has a friend who is doing it, and killing it in Australia, I believe.

I saw a young lady today who had tattooed "sleeves" that we just incredibly detailed works of art. For now. Today. I wonder how they will age?

When I was in college, 40+ years ago, about 50 of the guys on our football team decided to have our mascot tattooed on their asses, after a record season. I elected not to. The joke when a bunch of us get together is that those things are pretty much unrecognizable at this age! They look like a bad bruise!

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
Thread drift:
:(
Yuki had reached out to me in a private message during the "Staffing Changes" period of Epic. Sadly, he passed just a few days before we launched this site.(11/8/2015)
He hadn't been active on EpicSki much in the past few years, but he kept in touch with a few of us either on Facebook, or in PM's. I'm not sure if he'd have joined here, but I'd like to think that Pugski would have revitalized his joy of skiing.
I like this old picture of him with a couple pair of vintage skis
(he loved his Corvettes and his skis.)
1920989_10201580583621874_804580394_o.jpg

Responding to the thread drift. RIP Yuki.

Interesting binding choice on the red Head skis. Marker toe, Look Nevada heel. I saw a lot of the reverse back in the day, but never that setup!

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Star Wars. Really though I think the move is to find an artist you like and not "art direct" them too much.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wonder the same thing sometimes, what would I get. Maybe something from the animal world. But I doubt I'd do it, unless it's cosmetic permanent makeup.

I admit I always think of the criminal element in tattoo culture. Don't want any association with that.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
A tattoo thread with no tattoo pictures ? This is definitely a first world forum. Here's mine; Japanese style tiger and dragon that represents my journey through the martial arts.

No one else willing to share ?

IMG_3946.JPG

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a lot of clients with a wide range of ink, much of it run of the mill but some examples of really exquisite artwork. Haven't pierced anything either. But I shave my head. Is that edgy enough?

I have a scar across the left side of my abdomen; had it since I was 7. I sometimes think of getting a zipper pull type tattoo on the ends, or maybe a kids' choo-choo train.
For most of rest of my body, I would need to shave for the tattoo to be visible, so what's the point?

Thread drift - I recall Uncle Louie during the Jackson Gathering commenting about being hairy enough that he probably doesn't need a base layer.......

......and thinking, hey, I resemble that remark.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hate tattoos. The human body and skin is beautiful as is.

Clothes are bad enough but you can change them with styles, your attitude or physical changes. Tattoos are forever. Or really expensive to remove. With side effects going in or on removal.

That butterfly turns into a 747 with aging. The barbed wire morphs into a fuzzy great wall of china. Who remembers those ancient things or clever Asian saying?

Don't do it!

Eric

Last time I posted, the thread was closed. Somehow my book review was too controversial. I hope my art critique isn't too abrasive.

But if it stops one tattoo...!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Indigenous tattoos have a cultural context that IMHO is completely valid yet often poorly appropriated. That said, I know folks who've gotten a small tat after a passage to Tahiti or surfers have a small shark 'protection' tattoos that make sense to my small mind. ogsmile

I've also seen work on this side of the ocean with Kanji that's pretty much the equivalent of mangled english t-shirts I seen (and authored!) In Japan. Be careful with that one.... even if 'correct', calligraphy is an artform of it's own that few tattoo artists do well. Again, it's all about the hand and mind hired to do the work. IMho of course.

Last edited: