• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you wanted to introduce someone to your taste in movies...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Rushmore
  • Chasing Amy
  • Cars
  • True Lies

My runner ups...

I
  • The Princess Bride
  • Annie Hall
  • Young Frankenstein
  • The Freshman
  • Top Secret!

II
  • My Blue Heaven
  • Finding Forrester
  • City Slickers
  • Back to the Future
  • Better Off Dead

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'm somewhat surprised...or not maybe..how many times Princess Bride has popped up.. I'll have to add it to my list of truths..like one of my other favourites, never get involved in a land war in Asia...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm somewhat surprised...or not maybe..how many times Princess Bride has popped up.. I'll have to add it to my list of truths..like one of my other favourites, never get involved in a land war in Asia...
Or fight a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
!. Smokey & the Bandit

Our crappy local theater showed Smokey and the Bandit on the (kinda) big screen this summer after Burt died. I took the kids. It was their favorite movie of the summer. In the beginning when Burt pulled up in the Trans Am with the Georgia flag plate my daughter asked me "does that mean Bandit is a racist?" that one is kinda hard to explain.

James

Out There
Instructor
Years ago I showed that to my niece and nephew. They hated it. Sad!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
This should have been in my top 5

SmartSelect_20190327-001210_Google.jpg

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I forgot 'Fight Club'. And 'Mystery Train'. Think I'll go back and add it to my list.

GinBuck

What's a mogul?
Skier
Touch of Evil
Dr. Strangelove
Used Cars
Wild Bunch
Blizzard of Ahhh's (this is a ski forum)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Young Frankenstein
History of the World Part 1
The Hangover
Raiders of the Lost Ark

I'm not much of a movie buff. It's been years since I went to the theater and I can't name most actors and actresses. I like a lot of movies but only REALLY like a few. There are lots of really good movies I don't necessarily need to see again, like Schindler's List or Blackhawk Down!.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Young Frankenstein
History of the World Part 1
The Hangover
Raiders of the Lost Ark

I'm not much of a movie buff. It's been years since I went to the theater and I can't name most actors and actresses. I like a lot of movies but only REALLY like a few. There are lots of really good movies I don't necessarily need to see again, like Schindler's List or Blackhawk Down!.
There's a thread...movies you could only watch once, not because they were bad, but too powerful.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There's a thread...movies you could only watch once, not because they were bad, but too powerful.
I guess I should change that comment. I don't search some movies out to watch again, not because they were too powerful but because I'm not sure why. These are movies that, if I'm channel searching, I might watch. Others are Forrest Gump, Gladiator, and Braveheart. I guess I'm more of a comedy fan.

Sponsor

Staff online