• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If you lost your whole quiver, what would you miss most?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you lost it all, what would you miss the most, what would you replace it with?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
....my Nordica WC lace-up, all leather liners, they transfer into so many boots.....another pair.....

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Two years ago, I would have said my stash of Solly 916's and STH16 steel bindings. But I've been pretty happy with a couple of pairs of STH2 16's, so I wouldn't search for steel. I'd replace them all with STH2 16's.

My favorite piece of equipment, by far, is my boot set-up. Particularly the BD foam liners. I'd have another pair foamed in a minute. My boot fitter works with every liner out there, skis in BD's himself {he's a former French team guy}, and he convinced me that they would be PERFECT for me. He was right.

Wouldn't be too hung up on skis, as there are so many good skis out there. I would buy another pair of 180cm Head i.speeds for my cheater category, and new or newly leftover would be fine. I've spent a lot of days on many in that category, and I wouldn't change, though others would work. And in the hard to replace category, though they get limited use, a 196cm first generation Bodacious search would happen. Love that ski, in the right place, right day. I could probably be very happy with a newer generation 193cm, though. I may actually end up with both. But if my roof box ripped off the roof and was run over by a couple of semi's, I'd be looking for some 196cm's.

I'd have to do some testing to come up with the best choice in a sub 90mm ski, and roughly a 100mm. Right now it's a 184cm Monster 88, and a 187cm 2015 Bonafide. So many skis in those size slots........and good ones.

I also have a pair of older 184cm Stocki Stormrider XL's, that are now the early season and late season rockers. They still ski pretty darn well, and they have a lot of soul. I'll miss them when they give out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd really be bummed about losing the three pairs of low mileage retro 70s skis. Everything else in the quiver I would really enjoy spending insurance money to shop for replacements. My favorite go to skis are starting to feel floppy and worn out. Insurance deductible isn't high for us but would be pissed to lose the retro stuff that can't be replaced or upgraded easily.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Take my boots please. I would not miss them at all. New ones coming this fall. Asf ar as skis....I would miss my Rossi Hero ST Carbons. They would be replaced with the new version. Like them just as well. My Temptation 88's.....Lots of stuff out there actually better than those, so not sure what I'd replace them with. Thinking about giving my Attraxion 12's to a teen skiing program, so won't really miss them at all. Please don't take my Avalanche ski jacket. I would not be able to survive Tremblant without it!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My poles. Because they were my dad's and when he passed away I started using them so we could still ski together.

Skis - I only have the one pair and don't love them, so it would be more of an opportunity than a tragedy.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you'd asked me this question a year ago, I'd have said Nordica Santa Ana, ....no - Wait! I'd have said Head Super Joys, .......no - Wait! I'd have said ..... Sambas...no - Wait!

Actually, with the testing we do and the amazing skis that are coming out all the time, I have a lot of current favorites but I also have a lot of appreciation for the new stuff that comes next.

I would miss my boots and heated boot bag the most of all, but when I think of Quiver, I think skis.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Losing my harts would give me much hartache, hartburn and leave me very downharted, even brokenharted. I'd probably try to get one of the modern K2 244s in a 153 to replace them, but it wouldn't be the same, because I wouldn't be able to make any puns talking about them.

And I can't even imagine what I could replace the K2 710s with.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
As long as I didn't lose my memories, I'd be fine. Stuff is easily replaced. If i had to protect one ski item, it would probably be my modern Kastle SG ski, one of only 8 ever made. they are kinda cool... but I wouldn't be lost without them.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
miss the most?

Dalbello Kr2 or Nordica E93 I would make no change in replacing either.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Boots and footbeds. Have them replace with the same.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
As long as I didn't lose my memories, I'd be fine. Stuff is easily replaced. If i had to protect one ski item, it would probably be my modern Kastle SG ski, one of only 8 ever made. they are kinda cool... but I wouldn't be lost without them.

That requires a photo.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'd miss my Fischer RC4 Pro 130 boots. I'd get another pair.

As has been pointed out, skis are pretty easy to come by in a model that suits your needs. If I had to choose a single ski, it'd be the Fischer Ranger 98. Sweet ski.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Nuffink really - everything ski wise is replaceable by an identical model or an improved something. Only real pain would be the retail cost of replacement binders. Boots would be a bit of hassle to get blown and footbeds but not insurmountable.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Not counting my vintage skis and not my end of year purchase that I have not skied yet, just my more current skis I would miss my 168 CM Kastle skis.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
My 2011-12 Nordica Nemesis. Love those skis. Found a pair in the wrapper last year at an outlet store. There are plenty of other great skis but these just have a great feel.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January